Lt. Commander
# 1 The Rhode Island is Live
08-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Cryptic snuck in the Rhode Island today and didn't change a thing. This is now the best ship at Tier 2 and already leaving it's impact on PvP (not the new console).

So how long before Tier 5 has this happening? Odyssey anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Cryptic snuck in the Rhode Island today and didn't change a thing. This is now the best ship at Tier 2 and already leaving it's impact on PvP (not the new console).

Enterprise F will have 8 uber unique consoles that only T5 cruisers can equip

2 x "IPWN" tac consoles that give +OMFG to damage
4 x "Zombie" Engie Consoles that make AUX2SIF so strong the ship that gets it will glow like the sun
2 x "LOLSci" console that makes HE and TSS as strong as aforementioned Aux2SIF (post console)
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:

Oh I think they should have just made it a skin, but people don't listen to me, lol.

Anyway I wouldn't worry too much about the Odyssey just yet, the ship will undoubtedly have drawbacks (I'm trying to stay optimistic) and the Klingons will have a new 'Flagship' counterpart as well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-19-2011, 01:32 PM
So happy, my intrepid needed a buff.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Enterprise F will have 8 uber unique consoles that only T5 cruisers can equip

2 x "IPWN" tac consoles that give +OMFG to damage
4 x "Zombie" Engie Consoles that make AUX2SIF so strong the ship that gets it will glow like the sun
2 x "LOLSci" console that makes HE and TSS as strong as aforementioned Aux2SIF (post console)
LOL, I got a good laugh out of this one. Thanks for that, had a bad day until I saw this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
So happy, my intrepid needed a buff.
Yeah, my Invincible Mode was feeling lonely, being the only megabuff that ship had. Now it has 2! yay!
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
Anyway I wouldn't worry too much about the Odyssey just yet, the ship will undoubtedly have drawbacks (I'm trying to stay optimistic) and the Klingons will have a new 'Flagship' counterpart as well.
6 months later. :p

You know, let's make that 10.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Quote:
6 months later. :p

You know, let's make that 10.
Like I said, I'm trying to remain optimistic....
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
Oh I think they should have just made it a skin, but people don't listen to me, lol.

Sure, but wouldn't it be boring if we all fly the same 2 Tier 5.5. ships?

Of course, it's kinda temping to just develop a new tier of ships. Just throw away all this fine-tuned balancing stuff that only causes forum QQ when you screw up. Just add a power and be done with it. Tada, new tier of ships, C-Store money printing module installed.

Writing this post makes me sad. I used to be pretty optimistic about STO. In some ways I still am. But I can't help but getting more bitter and more snarky. I want my innocence back!
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Innocence was OP, it needed a nerf.