Don't see this in the patch notes...
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-19-2011, 01:48 PM
This makes me
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-19-2011, 02:57 PM
I just checked my Exelsior that had multiple fore and aft TOS phaser beam arrays...they're still all on there.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
I just checked my Exelsior that had multiple fore and aft TOS phaser beam arrays...they're still all on there.
It seems they removed the ones from the TOS connie buy/discharge/buy exploit.

The ones from the devidian mission still work as always.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post

The dividian ones were SUPPOSED to be limited, and I think always were (or at least were for a time). The Connie ones weren't. I believe this was in order to not "devalue" the C-Store purchase since many people bought the Connie specifically for those phasers since, even though they kinda suck, they are rather appropriate on an Excelsior.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
Have you taken your ship to a "combat map", e.g. a fleet action or an exploration mission? Just moving to system space around ESD didn't remove my arrays, going to a fleet action did.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post

That's where I got mine from (my TOS connie, that is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Have you taken your ship to a "combat map", e.g. a fleet action or an exploration mission? Just moving to system space around ESD didn't remove my arrays, going to a fleet action did.
No, I didn't actually take my ship out into combat. If that's the case, then I guess the same thing would most likely happen to me too if I tried it.

Here's hoping we get some sort of official reply whether this is a bug or not.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Don't see this in the patch notes...
Remember when everyone scapegoated Atari, and defended Cryptic and said that Perfect World was going to be awesome sauce?

Yeah, this is what business as usual means.

Stealth nerfs. And Pay2Play C-Store ships. The first two major things under the PW regime ... the Rhode Island and nerfed blue phasers.

Future looks oh so bright don't it?
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-20-2011, 03:45 AM
I can confirm that the TOS Connie phasers are now restricted to one fore and one aft, as in they are now honoring the unique tag that they had. Since this was NOT an exploit (I remember a Dev posting about the commission the connie, grab weapons, decommission, rinse repeat as being an acceptable way to get higher tier ships armed with the weapons) I'm going to assume this was an oversight and was caused by the tech to make the console for the new Rhode Island ship not able to be multi-slotted.

This majorly affects my fleet aesthetic and is an unneeded restriction. The weapons are only a little better than greens for whatever level they are. I do hope that this is an oversight and will be fixed soon.

Now I have two questions:
1): Why was it felt this was needed?
2): Why wasn't this in the patch notes?
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-20-2011, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Remember when everyone scapegoated Atari, and defended Cryptic and said that Perfect World was going to be awesome sauce?

Yeah, this is what business as usual means.

Stealth nerfs. And Pay2Play C-Store ships. The first two major things under the PW regime ... the Rhode Island and nerfed blue phasers.

Future looks oh so bright don't it?
Anyone want to take bets on the T2.5 Connie variant being the new source for the phasers? (This time with TMP flavoring!) If you want your auto leveling phasers, pay us again!

Its what they did with the hand weapons. took away the auto leveling ones from missions right before the auto leveling ones from the C-Store hit. This is most likely the same thing, only doing it to another C-Store item.
Closed Thread