Lt. Commander
# 1 Shooter Mode Help
08-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Simply put, is there a great place to train with this function, I am having an incredibly hard time with it. I'd like to use it, it sounds and looks cool. But...well, see previous sentence.
Thanks,
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Just play missions that have ground combat to practice with it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-19-2011, 10:46 AM
ok.

on another note, (still related)
is there a list of key binds for this mode? I know there is a list in the game itself, but that is for everything, I've searched the forums and came up bunk. I know there is a video about it too. The sticky on ground combat was a major help, but that is the one part that was missing.

What I'm looking for is like a cheat sheet.

EDIT:

sorry guys, found it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-19-2011, 04:36 PM
what you find? Link please :-)
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engraverwilliam View Post
what you find? Link please :-)
It's in the stickies at the top.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-19-2011, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammadelta1 View Post
Simply put, is there a great place to train with this function, I am having an incredibly hard time with it. I'd like to use it, it sounds and looks cool. But...well, see previous sentence.
Thanks,
well battlefield bad company 2 will be a great place to practice lol, or any first person shooter game, i like that mode is easy move your captain with the AWSD keys but you have to aim and shoot with your mouse bottoms once you aim your target, the crossshair turn red just shoot (always hit) your right mouse bottom will activate your secondary weapon ability, pressing C help you aim but you walk slowly, now to change weapon is tricky you have to leave shooter mode by pressing B, change type of weapon them press B again to get to shooter mode,
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-19-2011, 09:51 PM
You dont have to press B to change weapons. There are hotkeys for almost everything in shooter mode, or you can put things on the hotbar. Just check your key bindings. I never need to press B.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Shooter hotkeys:

1-0 are power hotkeys. I personally remapped my primary fire/secondary fire/melee to the last 3 slots in the bar and remapped my mouse buttons to use those last three slots, so i can free up the first 3 for my most important skills.

wasd is movement

b switches between shooter and RPG

c switches between normal mode and accurate aim mode.

z switches weapons

h is holster/unholster weapon

y tells your boffs to attack your current target

shift is sprint.

q and e are strafe

double tapping w(forward) s(backward) q(left strafe) e(right strafe) makes you roll in that direction. great for avoiding grenades.

Other than that, I don't use many hotkeys.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-19-2011, 10:11 PM
goto the community authored tab and search for training ground 2.0