Lt. Commander
# 31
08-20-2011, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Remember when everyone scapegoated Atari, and defended Cryptic and said that Perfect World was going to be awesome sauce?

Yeah, this is what business as usual means.

Stealth nerfs. And Pay2Play C-Store ships. The first two major things under the PW regime ... the Rhode Island and nerfed blue phasers.

Future looks oh so bright don't it?
So bright I've gone blind
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-20-2011, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Remember when everyone scapegoated Atari, and defended Cryptic and said that Perfect World was going to be awesome sauce?

Yeah, this is what business as usual means.

Stealth nerfs. And Pay2Play C-Store ships. The first two major things under the PW regime ... the Rhode Island and nerfed blue phasers.

Future looks oh so bright don't it?
Well said Superchum. Future looks te be bright for Fed and KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-20-2011, 07:18 AM
Why all this over the TOS phasers? I did the commission decommission trick once to load out a Excie with seven of them and it turned out to be schist, (yes I used a metamorphic rock in place of biological waste). At least till they do a damage range for common to unique weapons within a given Mk. Aside from looking cool they are commonly unique weapons with no special procs or bonuses that I have ever been able to find.

Though if someone has documented that there are hidden procs and bonuses, aside from leveling with you, to the TOS phasers I am all ears.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-20-2011, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protector View Post
Now I have two questions:
1): Why was it felt this was needed?
2): Why wasn't this in the patch notes?
This!!! I loved my T5 Excelsior with 6 TOS Phasers, now I'm logging on and 3 of them are in the overflow bag.
They are weaker as the high-end MK XI, people who used them accepted that, so what's the problem? And let's not forget that with an active Beam Overload III all TOS Aft Phasers stopped working until the Beam Overload shot (who knows how many bug tickets I put in for this), so there was no tactical advantage in using them. The beams look much better than the standard fat beam shots, but mixing them with normal phasers looks just stupid.

And thanks for no notification in the patch notes at all, not that it might be somewhat gamechanging.
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Why all this over the TOS phasers? I did the commission decommission trick once to load out a Excie with seven of them and it turned out to be schist, (yes I used a metamorphic rock in place of biological waste). At least till they do a damage range for common to unique weapons within a given Mk. Aside from looking cool they are commonly unique weapons with no special procs or bonuses that I have ever been able to find.

Though if someone has documented that there are hidden procs and bonuses, aside from leveling with you, to the TOS phasers I am all ears.
You answered your own question. People use them just for the looks and accepted that they are weaker than comparable phasers. So why was it necessary to do this and not even mention it, since we basically bought them for additional money. Valid questions I think.

Oh and btw, so they reduced the worth of the TOS Connie, which we bought from the C-Store. You can get millions of those TOS Hand Phasers or Lirpas and use them all at the same time, but the ship phasers are restricted now, thanks very much.
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-20-2011, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
You answered your own question. People use them just for the looks and accepted that they are weaker than comparable phasers.
OK I'll buy that for an EC. Now where do I send that EC?
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
This and the T2.5 ship make me regret having a lifetime subscription. This is the first time I wish I had a regular subscription and could simply cancel my subscription to send a message.
Yep, me too!
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-20-2011, 09:35 AM
They should at least turn the blue beams into the proper color.
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
Anyone want to take bets on the T2.5 Connie variant being the new source for the phasers? (This time with TMP flavoring!) If you want your auto leveling phasers, pay us again!

Its what they did with the hand weapons. took away the auto leveling ones from missions right before the auto leveling ones from the C-Store hit. This is most likely the same thing, only doing it to another C-Store item.
This.

My C-$tore sense is tingling...

Z
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
OK I'll buy that for an EC. Now where do I send that EC?
Send it via PM to Hravik as a bet for his T 2.5 Connie theory, I may join if there are ECs left after refitting my Excelsior again with cannons now.
Closed Thread