Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
You mean how everyone flies around in Intrepids and MVAE/Defiants? :p
Who cares about players' boredom when there is money to be made
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-20-2011, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Once we have converted all marks/badges/honor/emblems into the new "time" currency (probably Dilithium) - then we will also hook up all the new missions that allow you to earn Dilithium at all levels on a daily basis. So everyone will be earning Dilithium throughout their career (your previous currencies will be converted to Dilithium as well).

Then you'll be able to directly trade Dilithium to other players for C-Points and then you can get the Rhode Island or any other ship out there.
wtfisthissht?

Who the heck is going to trade real money points for dilithium?

Dilithium should be directly redeemable in the c-store.

All this talk of 'in-game methods of aquisition' has just turned into 'we take someone elses money instead of yours'.

B to the S
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
wtfisthissht?

Who the heck is going to trade real money points for dilithium?

Dilithium should be directly redeemable in the c-store.

All this talk of 'in-game methods of aquisition' has just turned into 'we take someone elses money instead of yours'.

B to the S
You missed the part about it being a "time" currancy. Seems Dilithium gonna be a STO version of EvE's PLEXs.

Capt_Luke

At least in EvE you may be able to blow someone else's pay to win gear up and get it in a drop. It wouldn't be that much different than people hi sec suiciding high end gear in EvE, or the old goon swarm of T1 ships, etc. Also, w/plexing et al there already is a bit of pay to win. The source of the gear is just baught from other players instead of Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Have you guys seen this, yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
You missed the hypothetical part about subscribers getting a stipend of c-points every month...

If you don't like the Rhode Island, then don't buy it. The team agreed that this ship is not going to break the game. Prove them wrong and we will obviously listen.

I'm 100% behind allowing players to earn all MTs in game. I haven't lost that battle, but the ship did go out in the c-store today. If you don't want to pay cash for it now, then don't. I can assure you that in the near future you will be able to get this ship without paying a dime.

And as others mentioned - edit your rhetoric a bit before the forum mods get to this thread.

Seems like a challenge for the PvP community to take up. Pit the dld Tier 2 ships (Fed and Klingon) vs the Rhode Island.

Just can't believe they think it's okay with 2 LT slots while the others have the 1.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Just can't believe they think it's okay with 2 LT slots while the others have the 1.
yeah I saw that post too, I guess that they feel that the lower tiers are not worth balancing.

I'm really beginning to think that they need to massively redesign the game's combat system as I really believe that they need to reduce the dependency on captain and BO abilities.

There are fundamental flaws that.......whatever though I'm sure that I'm alone in that feeling so I won't go on.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Have you guys seen this, yet?

Seems like a challenge for the PvP community to take up. Pit the dld Tier 2 ships (Fed and Klingon) vs the Rhode Island.

Shuttle Wars to the Rescue? But we have to do it on Tribble, otherwise dstahl is tricking us into buying this ship just to "test it", and he has already won.

but mabye there is an easier way (but it requires some math understanding)
  • 1 Ensign Tactical Power + 1 Ensign Engineering Power +2 Ensign Science Powers +1 Lieutenant Science Power < 1 Ensign Tactical Power + 1 Ensign Engineering Power +2 Ensign Science Power +2 Lt. Science Powers.
  • Subtract 1 Ensign Tactical Power + 1 Ensign Engineering Power +2 Ensign Science Powers +1 Lieutenant Science Power from both sides, and you get
  • 0 < 1 Lieutenant Science Power.
  • Divide by Lieutenant Science Power (Assuming Lt.Science Power > 0)
  • 0 < 1.

Now I've simplified the problem. We just have to prove that a Lt.Science Power is more than 0. This would allow us to take two regular Tier 2 Novas and one ship uses no powers, and the other a single Lt.Science Power.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Shuttle Wars to the Rescue? But we have to do it on Tribble, otherwise dstahl is tricking us into buying this ship just to "test it", and he has already won.

• 1 Ensign Tactical Power + 1 Ensign Engineering Power +2 Ensign Science Powers +1 Lieutenant Science Power < 1 Ensign Tactical Power + 1 Ensign Engineering Power +2 Ensign Science Power +2 Lt. Science Powers.
  • Subtract 1 Ensign Tactical Power + 1 Ensign Engineering Power +2 Ensign Science Powers +1 Lieutenant Science Power from both sides, and you get
  • 0 < 1.

Now I've simplified the problem. We just have to prove that a Lt.Science Power is more than 0. This would allow us to take two regular Tier 2 Novas and one ship uses no powers, and the other a single Lt.Science Power.
hazzard emitter 2. that way you got the awsome heal/resist.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
Anyway I wouldn't worry too much about the Odyssey just yet, the ship will undoubtedly have drawbacks (I'm trying to stay optimistic)
I have doubts that the Odyssey will have drawbacks. Though I can't wait to purchase it on the c-store and skip the "free in-game" method.

Quote:
and the Klingons will have a new 'Flagship' counterpart as well.
The new Enterprise is already well under way in development. As seen in the Dev Diary charting it.

The new KDF Flagship is already way way way back on the development schedule.

That creates a time gap between the two.

Feds get their shiny first.

Same old, same old for the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
yeah I saw that post too, I guess that they feel that the lower tiers are not worth balancing.

I'm really beginning to think that they need to massively redesign the game's combat system as I really believe that they need to reduce the dependency on captain and BO abilities.

There are fundamental flaws that.......whatever though I'm sure that I'm alone in that feeling so I won't go on.
That's what I'm thinking as well. "Eh, it's only Tier 2 and the PvP queues are dead, so why not".

But what worries me more is that they are throwing balance out the window for sake of appeasing the PvErs. Though the thing is, even if you ignore the PvP balance, PvE is easier to do. So if PvE is easier, there is less challenge and they have to revamp STO to make it harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post

• 0 < 1.

Make it so.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Well, he's not entirely wrong. It only directly breaks tier 2. Any repercussions might only break the game indirectly.