Lt. Commander
# 1001
08-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonJean
That's an alt timeline though :p
I would have guessed she was abnormal like Worf in TNG or Nog in DS9.
Doesnt matter, its still canon. If it was in a book, I could see it being in dispute, but movies and tv are official. Besides, if CBS didnt want Orions available to the feds, I think they would have said something when Cryptic made them available to to us through Diplomacy. ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 1002
08-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
[...]or something totally different?
Iirc it was already mentioned that someone still has to purchase the c-points that are going to be auctioned.
Lt. Commander
# 1003
08-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
There are some genesplicing tribble assignments (and I have been working to come up with ideas for other uses for tribbles) that change a tribble to a random other tribble of the same tier. We have talked about coming up with a new tribble for the system as well, but that's very drawing board-ish at the moment.
I could imagine one of these experiments going horribly wrong (or right for that matter) and creating a monstrosity called Polygeminus grex frankenstein. Mwahaha
Lt. Commander
# 1004
08-22-2011, 02:58 PM
I doubt it, they never seem to do anything that requires intense physical work from what I remember. They're listeners which would make them more like counselor Troi.
Lt. Commander
# 1005
08-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Doesnt matter, its still canon. If it was in a book, I could see it being in dispute, but movies and tv are official. Besides, if CBS didnt want Orions available to the feds, I think they would have said something when Cryptic made them available to to us through Diplomacy. ^_^
I really don't want to derail the Doff discussion here. So, I'll put it this way: There are 2 "main" ST realities at present (it could be argued the mirror universe is a 3rd, but we'll save that for another day). Current "prime" with the destruction of the Hobus star (Romulus' home system) - in which Vulcan still exists. (This timeframe is the the ancestor (by 40 years) of the current one STO uses.) The other ST reality now is the one in which Nero travels back and interferes with the Federation timeline leading to the most recent Star Trek movie.

So, at present, STO is obeying current ST prime universe logic. While nothing has officially ever disavowed the logic of having Orions in Starfleet, it has never been canonically established in the 'prime' universe. I can understand STO wanting to walk that tightrope and erring on the side of what is established, and later embellished upon, in the prime universe.
Lt. Commander
# 1006
08-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Wait, what?

I knew we could get Breen, Borg, Reman & photonic, but we can have Orion BOs as feds too?

However, back on thread topic. Has there been any new timeline updates to when DOffs are going to hit the test server?
Lt. Commander
# 1007
08-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonJean
Wait, what?

I knew we could get Breen, Borg, Reman & photonic, but we can have Orion BOs as feds too?
If you become a full ambassador you get can a KDF faction member as a BOff as part of a diplomatic stationing.
Lt. Commander
# 1008
08-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STF65
If you become a full ambassador you get can a KDF faction member as a BOff as part of a diplomatic stationing.
Right, and SOON (tm) we will be able to make Boffs into captains.
Lt. Commander
# 1009
08-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaius View Post
I could imagine one of these experiments going horribly wrong (or right for that matter) and creating a monstrosity called Polygeminus grex frankenstein. Mwahaha
I wouldn't mind it accidentally creating that super big Tribble that kept taking over Kirk's chair, in TAS.
Lt. Commander
# 1010
08-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I wouldn't mind it accidentally creating that super big Tribble that kept taking over Kirk's chair, in TAS.
Super big tribble?

Like back in beta when you gave tribbles to boffs? ^_^