Lt. Commander
I finally finished my new mission, and when I published, I tested it live.

The starting contact is supposed to be on a hovering Invisible wall high in the air along w the players (she's a Q).

In preview mode, she is where she needs to be. In live, she is on the ground.

Republished twice, no go.

I am stumped what the problem is, and would appreciate this being looked at as I spent a long time waiting for Foundry to be green lit again to finish this and worked all day to do so yesterday.

It is currently yanked until fixed.

Project I.D. ST-HDJFT284L "Deus Ex Machina"
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch99 View Post
I finally finished my new mission, and when I published, I tested it live.

The starting contact is supposed to be on a hovering Invisible wall high in the air along w the players (she's a Q).

In preview mode, she is where she needs to be. In live, she is on the ground.

Republished twice, no go.

I am stumped what the problem is, and would appreciate this being looked at as I spent a long time waiting for Foundry to be green lit again to finish this and worked all day to do so yesterday.

It is currently yanked until fixed.

Project I.D. ST-HDJFT284L "Deus Ex Machina"
I think it's the same situation with people reporting the elevated platforms they make work fine in test mode, but NPCs and Players spawn under them when published. Basically, when you're testing a mission in the editor , there's no NPC pathing or Spwan point info created; that's done by the server during the Publish phase.

The patthing info (during Publishing) doesn't allow for any NPC or Spawn Point to be above the hard floor of the map (So you can't set an NPC in a spot a player cannot get to, or set a Spawnpoint high in the air, causing a player and his team to take damage from falling on a zone in.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Thats rly wierd cos I've test published a mission where the player spawns into the upper floor of a custom built tower just fine

edit.. this was an exterior map though. Could that be the difference?
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-22-2011, 04:00 PM
That's not correct. All the other Npc's are in the air. I will link a youtube with an early test film of the start map. The npc's seen are on a elevated klingon arena, 256.004 or so up. Only the start contact is having issues.

When live, theres an in v wall furthur away from this arena where a female Q contact from the first 2 of this 3 parter, spawns with the spawn point which is also on the wall. Players do spawn fine up in the air live, as do the arena npc's, just not Q.

The first time i went back in to check, Q was at ground level coordinates and I had to reset those. But after that it still published with her on ground.

Just A NOTE also- The info about players not being able to spawn up above ground is incorrect in general. My mission "When the war began" has a shuttle rappel scene on a ground map, you spawn wayyyy up on top of a shuttle hovering over a colony and have to jump with zero grav fx down.

http://youtu.be/BJ-c7aqL4Kw
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-22-2011, 04:51 PM
UPdate- I am in now experimenting. I am going to try and change the invisible 'wall" Q and players spawn on, to a foundation platform.

I noticed the other platform types had no issues with Npc's on them so testing theory its because it is an INv wall.

Update- I think I know what happened. The mission counts on oplayers being killed by an opening fight so rough It's assumed--I was "using" a respawn point to "teleport" players to another platform.

I now believe this is the error on my part and am adjusting the opening to nix the forced death/respawn and making the start spawn and q contact on the arena platform.