Lt. Commander
# 31 arrays vs banks?
08-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Hi,

so assumed I want to go all beams or beam+torp in a Negh'Var.

Any input on arrays vs dual banks?

On my lower tier cruisers I used to have one dual bank in the front to lower the energy drain from the broad side.

How would you go in a neg var? is anyone actually using broad sides of six or more arrays?

Oh, and while we are on it - wich tac console? the +beams or the +dis one? one of each or two of one kind? do they stack?
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavis-0
Hi,

On my lower tier cruisers I used to have one dual bank in the front to lower the energy drain from the broad side.

How would you go in a neg var? is anyone actually using broad sides of six or more arrays?

Oh, and while we are on it - wich tac console? the +beams or the +dis one? one of each or two of one kind? do they stack?
The consoles do stack, if you go beams, i would use all +beam consoles, so you are easier to switch energytypes.

I like having at least 1 DBB up front, for those BOL shots.
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavis-0
Hi,

On my Negh'Var I have 1 Dual Beam, 2 beam arrays and a 'peng up fromt, 3 beam arrays and another 'peng aft.
All disruptor, fully spec'd.
Works like a champ.
Tac consoles: Disruptor Induction Coil , Directed Energy Distribution Manifold, Warhead Yield Chamber
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-22-2011, 04:16 PM
The fact that you can get a Negh'var to almost raptor levels of maneuverability with Aux to Dampeners means that a dual cannon build is possible.

I was running mine with 2xDHC, 1xDBB and 1xTorp fore; 2xTurret, 1xArray, and 1xTorp aft. Since I could regularly stay at 30 deg/sec turn rate, I was able to keep my cannons on target pretty well.