Lt. Commander
# 11
08-23-2011, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shar487
In all seriousness, a separate 1vs1 PVP queue would probably be welcomed by many.
Only because they don't know better. It is not at all uncommon for 1v1's to take exceedingly long times, because it is (or should be) rather difficult to kill another ship solo.

Any pair of relatively even matched players in any class ship will end up in the longest PvP match they have ever experienced.

It is tedious, it is tiresome, it is extremely boring.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-23-2011, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
LoL how much bugs did they introduce in the new patch.

Free Camera bugged.
Science team + Jam sensors.
d/c's all the time.
Now the PvP queues are crapped again.
It called the " We patch it, We break more then we patch, so we emergency patch it" (oh yea - only on the things that affect the facerollers so the pvper's can go s#%@ it.) Every patch lately has broken as much or more then gets patched in. I for one would rather a patch once a week but everything be QA on a live server and a check list done to make sure things don't go wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificialx
Only because they don't know better. It is not at all uncommon for 1v1's to take exceedingly long times, because it is (or should be) rather difficult to kill another ship solo.

Any pair of relatively even matched players in any class ship will end up in the longest PvP match they have ever experienced.

It is tedious, it is tiresome, it is extremely boring.
Personal game play preferences should not be mistaken for lack of experience. :p
Yes, 1vs1 pvp can degenerate into stalemates when two engineer opponents employ zombie cruiser builds focused on defense and nothing else. 1vs1 can also evolve into a real-time 3d chess match depending on individual player builds, gear, and BO skills loaded. The later is more mental excercise and less instant gratification. Either way, like chess, intelligent 1vs1 pvp isn't for everyone. However, it is a fine method of helping players tune their individual ships and skills without waiting 30+ minutes for a PUG vs Prebuilt slaughterfest that seems to be getting more frequent.

Honestly, Prebuilt teams should have a separate queue onto themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-23-2011, 10:00 AM
You might be seeing more premades because $target is still not working and neither is the assist_target function. I know i won't pug anymore because the match is an uncoordinated mess. It basically becomes 5 1v1, and it's no fun.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-24-2011, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shar48
Honestly, Prebuilt teams should have a separate queue onto themselves.
Its a bit of i nightmare and no point even playing wen ur just pugging away like myself , as you know your just going to get rolled eveerytime wen u bump int a premade and its more or less every 2nd game that i have been playing the last few days
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-24-2011, 07:37 AM
I'd actually like a system for a 1v1 Queue, so you have a list of people which are currently Queued up for this and you can pick whoever you want to fight

Some people just search for someone to test their new build etcetera. Any addition/fix/upgrade to the Queue system is more then welcome if you ask me.

I love 1 on 1's, especially ones which takes a long time :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-24-2011, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekNicTerror View Post
The current people needed minimums are not working, at least for non-max level people.

So how bout taking away the minimums and making it so people are started at 1 vs 1, and people are added in; as a 1 on 1 basis of course, till the team sizes are maxed out or the match is over?
I love this plan....1 on 1 is big time fun.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-24-2011, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
I'd actually like a system for a 1v1 Queue, so you have a list of people which are currently Queued up for this and you can pick whoever you want to fight

Some people just search for someone to test their new build etcetera. Any addition/fix/upgrade to the Queue system is more then welcome if you ask me.

I love 1 on 1's, especially ones which takes a long time :p
Ill 1v1 you

My Eng Cruiser
vs
Your Eng Cruiser
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-25-2011, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekNicTerror View Post
The current people needed minimums are not working, at least for non-max level people.

So how bout taking away the minimums and making it so people are started at 1 vs 1, and people are added in; as a 1 on 1 basis of course, till the team sizes are maxed out or the match is over?
I dont support the starting at 1v1 but starting at 3v3? because during the late night (was like this for 1hr) it was 4 feds and 3 klings, and im not just talking about ground que but the space looked the same way, so maybe let us have it start at 3v3