Lt. Commander
Ok, trying to figure out how the pre-orders work over here. Coming from CoH and ****, when I added pre-order keys that had items bound to the keys, once you activated the key you would get the pre-order item attached to your account.

Is that the way things are done here?

I was told by one person that I needed to have the full version of the game from the location I pre-ordered to get access to the pre-order items, but another person said that as long as I had the pre-order keys on my account, activating any copy of STO would put the items into my c-store to claim.

Back when this was about to hit closed beta, I bought the pre-orders from Target and Gamestop because I wanted the special unlocks tied to the pre-order.

I applied the pre-order codes to my master account but never bought the full version of the game since the computer I was using, at that time, wasn't allowing STO beta to run correctly.

Flash forward to now... I just bought the game and I've still got the pre-order codes tied to my account but when I go to the special unlocks in the ingame c-store, the only thing I have listed is the Tribble from the giveaway from the recent Alienware promotion.

Did they do away with assigning pre-order goodies even if the serial was applied to the account during beta? I contacted support (think it's still Atari support) with this exact issue and was told they needed more info, but that's about all the info i really have to give.

If anyone knows what I should do, besides plead with CS, please feel free to tell me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-23-2011, 05:19 AM
Edit: Misread, disregard the first version of this post if you read it.

Yes, you do need the actual version, not just the pre-order code. You can stack numerous versions, but but the game does require you to actually buy a version to get its bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-23-2011, 05:33 AM
couple of things; first how can you have pre-order items without actually having the 'full game' seeing as that's what should have been pre-ordered

second, what is under your activated features on your account page? not everything will show up but you should have something like;

Activated Features

Star Trek Online - Preorder
Star Trek Online - In game items

if you have put the keys in, if you do and the items arnt on your special unlocks c-store page then submit a billing ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-23-2011, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
couple of things; first how can you have pre-order items without actually having the 'full game' seeing as that's what should have been pre-ordered

second, what is under your activated features on your account page? not everything will show up but you should have something like;

Activated Features

Star Trek Online - Preorder
Star Trek Online - In game items

if you have put the keys in, if you do and the items arnt on your special unlocks c-store page then submit a billing ticket.
Well, for the pre-order, I got the pre-orders and never went back to purchase the full game. At Target, you could buy the pre-order box for $0.99 then when the game was available, bring the receipt in for $10.00 off the full version. When I found my beta unplayable, I got the refund on the full version from Gamestop.

But, I kinda figured out my issue:

I hadn't applied my serial from the version I just bought. Was still using the Alienware promo code. I just applied the Steam Digital Download code and it unlocked the Steam pre-order for me.

So, i guess I only needed the pre-order from one store and any full version serial I add from different retailers unlocks that retailers pre-order? I just bought the Collector's Edition from Amazon, so will I also get their pre-order as a claimable item in the c-store?
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-23-2011, 07:07 AM
Some of the pre-order 'perks' sold in Europe had separate 'keys' instead of being bound to the retail package key...

Now do keep in mind that the individual 'keys' are 'unique' and cannot be re-used. (So its not possible to transfer 'perks' from one account to another). And some of the 'keys' that were advertised as being the 'perks' were in reality, only keys for the Online Pre-launch 'Beta' (which were separate keys from the retail package, e.g. that Target key you used...)

So if you bought those keys off of the Internet, then 'may the buyer beware!!!'...
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-23-2011, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Some of the pre-order 'perks' sold in Europe had separate 'keys' instead of being bound to the retail package key...

Now do keep in mind that the individual 'keys' are 'unique' and cannot be re-used. (So its not possible to transfer 'perks' from one account to another). And some of the 'keys' that were advertised as being the 'perks' were in reality, only keys for the Online Pre-launch 'Beta' (which were separate keys from the retail package, e.g. that Target key you used...)

So if you bought those keys off of the Internet, then 'may the buyer beware!!!'...
Gotcha. No, I bought the pre-order keys from US retailers back when this was still in beta. I actually bought 5 Target pre-order for friends, but I still have them as they weren't interested in the game. Would the game still accept pre-order keys if they were added now? My G/F is interested in the game and figured, if they still accepted pre-orders, that I might be able to apply a pre-order I still have?
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRGodfrey
Gotcha. No, I bought the pre-order keys from US retailers back when this was still in beta. I actually bought 5 Target pre-order for friends, but I still have them as they weren't interested in the game. Would the game still accept pre-order keys if they were added now? My G/F is interested in the game and figured, if they still accepted pre-orders, that I might be able to apply a pre-order I still have?
if you have an unused key it should still be good, and on any account

and if you want to give me a code for the tr-116a (or whatever it's called) then thats your decision:p
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-23-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm pretty sure that without applying the retail code from the retailer whose pre-order you have you won't get the extra items since the items were really tied to the retail code. The pre-order really only got you access to the open beta and head start.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-23-2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRGodfrey
However, the $0.99 Target key is a key to the Beta Test, which ended back in February of last year and is no longer valid...

If you do get the Collectors edition, that does contain 3 Guest pass keys that provide full access to STO for a 10 day period, and you can use those instead...