Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
08-23-2011, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
I assume it's just to remove Q, add KDF academy uniforms and get the borg invasion rolling.
Q disappeared on his own, after the "Q boost weekend" ended. Speculations on the rest, thou I thought the Borg invasions were due for Thursday.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
08-23-2011, 06:58 AM
"Scheduled" maintenance...?
30 minutes notice is scheduled?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
08-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
Q disappeared on his own, after the "Q boost weekend" ended. Speculations on the rest, thou I thought the Borg invasions were due for Thursday.
I know he dissapeared, but I'd imagine there is some sort of code that needs removing. Might be wrong. There is usually a patch before each Q weekend, so I just assumed there was coding to be added in and removed each time

Borg invasion and KDF academy uniforms were listed as 24th to 26th. So maybe they are just putting the code in place.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
08-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekSlide
"Scheduled" maintenance...?
30 minutes notice is scheduled?
well dhstal did write about it in his engineering report
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
08-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Let's hope this includes a fix to the bug that causes several people to disconnect a lot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
08-23-2011, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CrypticOps
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Tuesday, August 23 from 7:00AM to 9:00AM PDT (1400 to 1600 UTC) in order to perform maintenance and apply a new patch. We will provide an update once the maintenance has been completed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1306 View Post
a holodeck patch on tuesday? thats rare. but I like it! looking forward to the release notes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
I assume it's just to remove Q, add KDF academy uniforms and get the borg invasion rolling.
Q was taken out yesterday morning.

But yeah, seeing that the KDF uniforms and the Borg stuff runs from the 24-26, I'd assume the patch is for that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
08-23-2011, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
I know he dissapeared, but I'd imagine there is some sort of code that needs removing. Might be wrong. There is usually a patch before each Q weekend, so I just assumed there was coding to be added in and removed each time

Borg invasion and KDF academy uniforms were listed as 24th to 26th. So maybe they are just putting the code in place.
Actually, most MMO:s with similar events have it in their coding to simply "trigger" the event when needed, and then possibly trigger a similar command to end it.

Q weekend begins:
/execute Q-weekend_start

Q weekend ends:
/execute Q-weekend_end

Thou, I would hope such a triggering system would be inbedded and automated, so that admins don't have to sit around triggering the commands for every event
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
08-23-2011, 08:03 AM
this is a bit ninja maintenance over scheduled.

i wonder if the patch will have anything interesting or just back end stuff?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
08-23-2011, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post

But yeah, seeing that the KDF uniforms and the Borg stuff runs from the 24-26, I'd assume the patch is for that.
the borg stuff does not run from the 24th - 26th, that is just its start date window. it runs for the whole of season 4.

so this might be the patch that turns it on if they have it ready early, or we may get a second patch later on in the week. i would not get too excited about it being this patch though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
08-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
I assume it's just to remove Q, add KDF academy uniforms and get the borg invasion rolling.
Q was removed yesterday but I am looking forward to the Invasion, maybe we can all work together as a fleet event
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:17 AM.