Lt. Commander
# 1 Filbones Critical Analysis
08-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Filbones Critical Analysis

This thread is for first time authors still learning or missions that are still in development. If you have a polished mission and would like a review as well as looking for publicity for you mission head to the Filbones Reviews Thread.

What to expect?
I write down my thoughts as I play your mission as well as share ideas and foundry techniques you might not have considered. I do not believe in constructive criticism because all feedback is good feedback. It's what you decide to do with your audiences opinion that make great authors. I do not ask that any submissions change all that I recommend, only consider alternatives.

How to Apply? Fill out all of the following criteria. Please keep it accurate to you published mission as I use this as the template for any future promotion.

TITLE : What is your mission called?
AUTHOR : What is your STO Nick?
CODE : What is the Mission Code?
LEVEL : What level do I have to be to play?
LENGTH : How long does it take to play approximately?
TAGS : What are the tags of your mission? Please Include FED or KDF
DESCRIPTION : What is your missions description?
LINKS : youtube, photobucket, StarbaseUGC.com or FoundryMissions.com etc...

I would also love a brief description of how you made the mission and came up with your missions concepts. Also include any current bugs or design flaws your having trouble over coming.

When will I receive the review? I will send you mail in game that the review has been published within this thread. I will also let you know if I am to help promote or develop your mission within this letter. There is a play list bellow for your reference as well.

Why have you started a new thread? The original thread Filbones Reviews Your Mission was created for Tribble testing during Foundry's early beta days. I had no idea that the Foundry Beta forum would be conformed to the current one. I have always planned to do a solely Holodeck thread and now is the best time to do it.

Can I submit more than one mission or one that you have already reviewed? Yes, however it will not be added to the play list until I have played your first or current submission.

Quote:
“” By
TITLE :
AUTHOR :
CODE :
LEVEL :
TAGS :
DESCRIPTION :
LINKS :
Mission Accept Box – Does your mission follow generic STO implementation?
First Thoughts – My thoughts on the way to your mission. Expectations and feelings.
1st Door – Does your mission stand out from others that may use the same door?
Maps: Is your map advancing the storyline and is it navigable.?
1.Are there any issues with the design?
2.Are there elements that work against the plot or playability?
Objectives: Do your objectives follow protocol?
-Do they guide the player in the right direction?
-Is the text comprehensive?
Story: Is your story original and captivation?
1.Are there any potholes?
2.Any audience misunderstandings?
Design: Are the tool implementations functioning?
-Do the mission mechanics guide the player and story?
Comment – The comment left on your mission.
|Gameplay 1-5| Trek 1-5| Difficulty 1-5| Design 1-5| Grind 1-5|
Recommendations on how too play your mission to other players.
Final Conclusion: Any thing I have missed in which I wish to convey to the author?

RANKINGS

GAMPLAY - My enjoyment & memorability of the mission
TREK - The influence and interaction of characters & script within the story
DESIGN - Execution of maps and direction created to advance the quest line.
DIFFICULTY - The playability & challenge of objectives and NPC's.
GRIND – Overall interest & attention I gave to your mission.
THOUGHTS: A constructive opinion of your mission for interested players as well as promotions.
*****/Stars (How many Stars I gave your mission.)

Can I reply to your Review? Keeping an open communication between an Author and his audience is why I do this. Please feel free to reply within this thread. If your upset with my perspective of your mission and your post might border on breaching forum regulations. I recommend you send me a PM or message. I will not report you. Or alternatively you can try and contact me through the StarbaseUGC channels.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Play List
08-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Within 3 days of being edited.
Within 1 week of being edited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XerosArmera
TITLE : Once Upon A Time: Part I
AUTHOR : XerosArmera
CODE : ST-HBGZEEWW4
LEVEL : Any
LENGTH : Unknown
TAGS : Fed
DESCRIPTION : 2286
The crew is sent on a routine mission to study an anomaly passing through the Donatu System, but things take a strange turn and the crew find themselves thrown backwards in time and into the middle of a conflict between the Federation and the Klingon Empire
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 4 Mission Standings
08-23-2011, 05:15 PM
46 2. “Strange New Worlds” By SelorKiith ***/Stars
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Hi, I wasn't sure if this should go here or in your review thread as this was the first mission I created on the Foundry, published on the 3rd of August. I'm not sure if it would be considered "polished". I've made several others since then, but I'd really like some feedback. Thanks

TITLE : The Ambri Directorate: Part I
CODE : ST-HEQBSLJKG
LEVEL : 46+
LENGTH : Approximately 40 mins using stock ship
TAGS : FED
DESCRIPTION : The Antigen

A distress call from a mysterious alien ship is intercepted, but when it becomes clear that these aliens did not survive the attack the crew must find those responsible to recover a very important scientific discovery.

- Heavy dialogue
- Both space and ground combat
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Hi, I wasn't sure if this should go here or in your review thread as this was the first mission I created on the Foundry, published on the 3rd of August. I'm not sure if it would be considered "polished". I've made several others since then, but I'd really like some feedback. Thanks

A distress call from a mysterious alien ship is intercepted, but when it becomes clear that these aliens did not survive the attack the crew must find those responsible to recover a very important scientific discovery.

- Heavy dialogue
Saw this post skip around for a while. Glad you made it. Probably best to start here if it's my first review of your mission. The other Thread is for missions ready for the community without alteration. I remember you from Tribble but don't think I ever played a complete mission of yours. Can't wait. Will play yours and Castmodean's when I get home tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-25-2011, 01:57 AM
Quote:

- Heavy dialogue
Was about to play your mission and when I got to the Chiron System it disappeared from my play list ingame. Let me know if this is because you have republished or unpublished it lately. Other wise I will have to submit a bug report.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Are you still willing to do private reviews of missions? I'm just writing up the finishing touches to the first mission of my series "Memories of the Night" now, and I didn't want to have any spoilers come out until I'm comfortable with it.

EDIT: As it turns out, I can't open the tab on the side of the dialogue editor to add more dialogue boxes, so it is currently impossible for me to finish any missions. I'll let you know if this changes and I can finish the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filbones View Post
Was about to play your mission and when I got to the Chiron System it disappeared from my play list ingame. Let me know if this is because you have republished or unpublished it lately. Other wise I will have to submit a bug report.
Yes, I noticed this last night. I'm not sure what happened but I was completely unable to find Part I or II of this mission in either the review section or the community authored section. I don't know why they are no longer there, so I'm going to republish them both.

In the mean time, if you would not mind, I would appreciate it if I could get your feedback on one of my other missions instead. Both are Federation missions.

Either

Once Upon A Time: Part I

The crew is sent on a routine mission to study an anomaly passing through the Donatu System, but things take a strange turn and the crew find themselves thrown backwards in time and into the middle of a conflict between the Federation and the Klingon Empire

- Moderate space and ground combat
- Heavy dialogue

Project ID: ST-HBGZEEWW4
Level: Any

Or

Mind Games: Part I

Battle of the Minds

When a ship goes missing after a battle with the Klingons the crew is led into the heart of a conflict beneath the skin of the war between the Federation and the Klingon Empire that has been 140 years in the making.

- Heavy dialogue
- Heavy combat, both space and ground, on planets and other ships

Project ID: ST-HE7PDLKAF

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Yes, I noticed this last night. I'm not sure what happened but I was completely unable to find Part I or II of this mission in either the review section or the community authored section. I don't know why they are no longer there, so I'm going to republish them both.

In the mean time, if you would not mind, I would appreciate it if I could get your feedback on one of my other missions instead. Both are Federation missions.

Either

Once Upon A Time: Part I

- Moderate space and ground combat
- Heavy dialogue

Project ID: ST-HBGZEEWW4

Or

Mind Games: Part I

Battle of the Minds

When a ship goes missing after a battle with the Klingons the crew is led into the heart of a conflict beneath the skin of the war between the Federation and the Klingon Empire that has been 140 years in the making.

- Heavy dialogue
- Heavy combat, both space and ground, on planets and other ships

Project ID: ST-HE7PDLKAF

Thank you.
Certainly, but I still need the following please.
“” By
TITLE :
AUTHOR :
CODE :
LEVEL :
TAGS :
DESCRIPTION :
LINKS :