Lt. Commander
# 31
08-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STO_Mac
Not a bad idea but a TOS/TMP server would mean a lot of work for the Dev's they would have to revamp some of the Space stations and change most of the missions to reflect the time line. when Cryptic has enough staff that they can have a dedicated team, that would not take Dev's away from the main part of the game. I would be all for this idea could make the game fun again
It is just a pipe dream of mine, but it would be soo awesome
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starmutt View Post
It is just a pipe dream of mine, but it would be soo awesome
Yes, now you have ME thinking about it LOL
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Love the ideas being thrown around in this post! TOS is definitely near and dear to me, and always will be!
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-23-2011, 09:51 PM
Word is that the 600-Day Veteran Reward will begin to be issued on September 8th. Coincidentally, this date is the official anniversary for the debut of the original Star Trek television series. My curiosity is piqued.
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-24-2011, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
Word is that the 600-Day Veteran Reward will begin to be issued on September 8th. Coincidentally, this date is the official anniversary for the debut of the original Star Trek television series. My curiosity is piqued.
Pure dreaming on my part, but with all the talk of "new sets" being added soon (ground and space), a reward of a TOS set (tricorder, communicator, "The Cage" style phaser, etc) would be nice. After all not every reward for Vets has been useful to me, just like this wouldn't be to others, and it is only 600 days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingbadger View Post

As for the age of Connies ...lets just say D'Kyr and have done with it. But thats all a bit academic, Cryptic and CBS have said no, we can't have one.
I don't want to get into a fit the Defiant into a Connie argument, but really... the D'Kyr has a large space-frame, that allows lots of room to make one built from the ground up, it's level. If you were to build the Bismark at it's size using modern materials and components, it would stand toe to toe with new designs. Same with the Excel, It happens (IMHO) to be large enough.

Canon is like a Paradox.

"The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling of what reality ought to be." -Richard Feyman.

Just substitute the word "reality" with CBS and it's good.
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-24-2011, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
the D'Kyr has a large space-frame, that allows lots of room to make one built from the ground up, it's level.
The D'Kyr is a LONG space frame, anywhere between 500 and 600 meters depending on who you believe?, but only 11 decks high amd a relatively narrow shape. The connie is something like 280-300m in length and has about 23 decks... 11 of those in the primary, 7 in the dorsal (3 or 4 are double counted as they are also in the primary) and the remainder in the secondary, the engines are seperate to that, where as the warp engines are included in the volume of the D'Kyr, which has a 180m (ish) hole cut out of it to house the "annular warp nacel" ... so I'm not sure in real terms (even in CBS terms ) they are actually much different in "size" terms either ...
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-24-2011, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Unless the TOS ship appeared in the TNG time the will not even think of it and I have yet to see a peace a paper saying it is CBS saying NO. Until Cryptic names the people how said NO then there just using it as stone wall tactic.
Kinda like the stone-wall tactic to keep Klinkers from getting fingerless gloves and honor cloaks eh?.... Although it's a different phrase "it might be coming...or it's in development" it still is the same thing...

I would love to see TOS era ships, interiors, and such in the game...Heck, even TOS movie era ships, uniforms, and such (well, proper uniforms that is) would be welcome in my honest opinion.... I ain't only a hardcore Klink...I also want my TWOK uniforms and interiors....it would go a long way to pacifying many people as I have found that I am not the only person with these requests....