Lt. Commander
# 11
08-24-2011, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
You mean squash the bug by bugging the frak out of them? ... That actually does appeal tot he Klingon in me.
Nice sig there dude...lol
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-24-2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
P.S. B'rel (Advanced) battle cloak is *still* bugged.
How is it bugged? (still a few ranks from being able to pilot one so I haven't experienced issue yet.)
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-24-2011, 08:42 AM
Sometimes the cloak stays down when I open a conversation with my BOFFs or get a hail, but 99.999[ad nauseum]% of the time when cloak is useful? It decloaks you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-24-2011, 09:00 AM
cloaking sucks now even when you are cloaked they the enemy can still detect you which defeats the whole point of a cloak

but fractions are fractions so ill say no more
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveressa View Post
How is it bugged? (still a few ranks from being able to pilot one so I haven't experienced issue yet.)
Besides other things, there are occasions where Starfleet ships act as if the B'Rel isn't cloaked at all, but are seemingly still in-capable of attacking you.

For example, the Pi Cannis missions where you have to block communications, the timer will start once you're within 10m even though you're cloaked, the starfleet ship will even start activating its buffs, but seems incapable of attacking you until you decloak.

This doesn't happen for any other cloak type.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-24-2011, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmack
cloaking sucks now even when you are cloaked they the enemy can still detect you which defeats the whole point of a cloak

but fractions are fractions so ill say no more
Enemy ships have always been able to detect cloaked ships. Its based on Auxiliary power settings and range.

A vessel with high aux power will see a cloaked ship with low aux power from around 5-10m away. Likewise a ship with medium aux will see a cloaked ship with low aux from around 3-5m, and a ship with low aux will see a cloaked ship with low(er) aux from around 1m. That is how it has always been.

However, an NPC's aux power setting appears to be reduced depending on how many levels lower the NPC is to you. So a lower level NPC ship is unlikely to ever detect you regardless of your distance and aux power settings.

That is how its pretty much always been and is accurate to the IP - with the exception of Star Trek Nemesis, all cloaked vessels give off tetryon emmissions and the closer they are, and the more powerful your scanners are, the more likely they'll detect a cloaked ship.

As Uhura said in ST:VI "Its got to have a tail pipe".

What is broken for the B'Rel, as I posted above, is that in several situations the whole range vs aux settings appears not to be taken into account and, besides not attacking you, the cloak is effectively not working.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
It is not intentional, or if it is its one of the worst "I have no idea how to fix this" cover ups ive ever seen. Nothing was changed, and cloaked is still messed up.
THIS !! and only to repeat it loud and clear:
is its one of the worst "I have no idea how to fix this" cover ups ive ever seen. Nothing was changed, and cloaked is still messed up

Absolutely NOTHING was fixed .You still uncloak when ur BO informs u about whatever.
Someone please show me WHEN IT IS YOU NOW REMAIN CLOAKED WHILE PREVIOUSLY IN SAME SITUATION WERE UNCLOAKING....There is no fix,
Its broken since season 2.
After endless complaints over months they actually looked into it.
They decided that fixing it was too difficult and time consuming
End of story
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantheras View Post
fter endless complaints over months they actually looked into it.
They decided that fixing it was too difficult and time consuming
End of story
It's (lack of) quality, attention to detail and bug fixes like that which makes me all the more eager to play the new star wars mmo when it comes out.

(Seriously, did anything new get released in season 4 besides the ground combat over haul that wasn't a bug?)
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveressa View Post
(Seriously, did anything new get released in season 4 besides the ground combat over haul that wasn't a bug?)
*has to think hard*

- C-Store 2.0
- new Ship Requisitions UI

Starfleet Academy... a bit later.

"Base engine code merge"... which resulted in us getting a fake DirectX11 button that was removed before S4 launch... and some x4 resolution Textures.

Do difficulty slider changes (one shot instakill mob fixes?) because of shooter mode count?

- brake the Foundry

yeah... i think that sums it up.

and what they did, according to Gozer, was to run a SCRIPT through all Maps to *fix* cloaking / mask energy signature.
obviously that script FAILED

that script might even be the reason the Foundry Missions broke, wasn't that something about Text not correctly triggering events or something? Now why would they screw around with that if not for fixing cloaking devices?
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantheras View Post
*snip*
Well for example I was doing Blood of the Empire a bit ago and remained cloaked while my BOFF told me the obvious about the "Bird of Preys" which were actually Vor'chas. I then continued to remain cloaked while the Fek'Ihri hailed me and told me it was not going to be a good day to die for me.