Lt. Commander
# 1 Borg Assimilation Question.
08-24-2011, 03:06 AM
Ok, I've searched all over the forums,as well as asked quite a few players but some of these questions were never really answered. I hope you guys can clear this up.

1. Is there any cure for assimilation for characters that aren't scientists or engineers?

2. If not, is the deBuff permanent? (meaning once you have it, even if your character goes unconscious, aka dies, and respawns your character is a Borg forever and can never go back to the way you were. In other words, you lose EVERYTHING.)

3. Can Bridge officers get infected and if so, is there a way to treat them? (like going to the sickbay?)

4. Is the deBuff only on higher difficulties and not of normal?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-24-2011, 03:14 AM
i dont know all the details but yes a boff can be assimilated

if you die then it goes away.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-24-2011, 03:58 AM
Nanite health monitor will remove it. It's a science only power, but it is available for boffs from the power trainer on ESD and Quo'nos, and it's not a bad skill as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-24-2011, 11:07 AM
After seeing a couple of my BOffs get assimilated in missions I decided to load up my medic with nanite health monitor shortly after season 4 went live. Since that time I've run loads of borg missions and haven't seen an assimilation take place. I've wiped on elite missions too, so it's not like they aren't getting my team below 25% health.
So last night I finally junked my medic BOff (common quality) and picked up an Aenar on the exchange. She's an awesome healer, and I decided not to train her in nanite health monitor for the added fun factor.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-24-2011, 11:12 AM
if you kill the infected BO you simply kill them then rez them. But if you and your other BO die and you respawn, the assimilated BO will remain assimilated until they have been brought down.