Lt. Commander
# 1 Typhoon
08-23-2011, 01:19 PM
I know, I know...there's been a billion other threads about this ship.

I'd just love to know what Cryptic plans on doing with a ship that's it had a model out for since day one of the game, and that the Terran Empire seems to still use against us regulalry even though it's a Federation Starship design as well.

With the Flagship Enterprise-F (and being an entirely new class), this is just making me grate my teeth that Starfleet hasn't given access to the Typhoon to Captains yet. (RP-wise). Game mechanics wise, there's got to be something it can do, as it's programmed into the Terran side already and ust have some generic stats that we can ponder over and get modified into a player-useable ship.

So, basically: A ship we've had in game for a long time, no new development needed on that end...just put some damn stats on it, slots (universal?), and let's roll with it already. All these new gimmick lower tier ships, and not a thing done with an already in-game hull.

Apologies, not a rant. Just more of a shrugging of my shoulders and scratching my head in 'duh, what's going on?'
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Assult Cruiser skin...

Season 5...

my two cents
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Typhoon could be one of the new 16 C-Store ship variants coming out in the future. The Assault Cruiser would probably be a good bet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Kinda has a very similar profile to the Odyssey as well to my mind; bar the necks...
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen666 View Post
Kinda has a very similar profile to the Odyssey as well to my mind; bar the necks...
You mean the Odyssey has a similar profile to the Typhoon?

Honestly, I'm surprised the Typhoon isn't in STO yet
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-24-2011, 10:56 AM
i do wonder what the reasen is its not in yet naybe we are missing somthing ?? i mean how hard would it be to put in the game???
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-24-2011, 12:21 PM
I've been playing my Klingon for the past several days, and have destroyed many of the Typhoon class ships while doing so. I almost regret killing these things because I think it is one of the best looking ships in the game. Even if it's only a skin, I really hope we can get this in the game ASAP.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haglahay
I've been playing my Klingon for the past several days, and have destroyed many of the Typhoon class ships while doing so. I almost regret killing these things because I think it is one of the best looking ships in the game. Even if it's only a skin, I really hope we can get this in the game ASAP.
Really? I HATE the Typhoon. Every time I come across the one at the end of the mission, I say to myself: Why cant this be a Galaxy-X? That would be awesome to fight.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Doing a recent mission with my Intrepid, I noticed how similar the Typhoon looks to that class ship looking top down, or bottom up.

I really would like a Typhoon, it is a great looking ship (to me), and I think could be a nice addition to the fleet. Was looking one over last night while doing the War-games mission last night and really want one. I like the details on the ship.

IMO looks much better than most all other Cryptic ships in game.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-03-2011, 09:17 AM
DStahl once mentioned that the NPC models are not the same as the player models. He also stated that there's a LOT of work that goes into the stats of a ship. The Typhoon hasn't been made a priority,so they haven't bothered putting the work into making it a playable ship.