Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I just bought the Digital Download from Steam and applied the code. It seems that I got 500 C-Points. I also have the collector's edition from Amazon on the way. Once I apply that will I also get 500 more c-points? Wondering if you get free c-points for every boxed version serial you apply?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-23-2011, 07:12 AM
In general, no. Some editions of the game (or only one ?) like the digital version you have extra points.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-23-2011, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
In general, no. Some editions of the game (or only one ?) like the digital version you have extra points.
Hmm... so I could buy multiple digital versions of the game from the different online retailers and get more points? I ask because I was planning on buying a couple other digitals for the different freebies they have, plus the 30 days free gametime. If it gives 500 free points, then it makes the decision to buy them even more sweet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-23-2011, 07:41 AM
It has been more than a year but I belive that the collectors edition from amazon did not give me 500 cryptic points, but got me a red matter capassitor & a liberated borg BO and some clothes. The Digital edition did get me 500 cryptic points, a multi-shield and a Joined Trill captain race. The Wallmart edition got me 500 skill points that Q can double if not used.

You only get what is listed from the site. I believe the Atari versions also came with 500 cryptic points, if they are still available. You also can get 500 cp for $6.25 I think (not sure on the cents but it seems right.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-23-2011, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinubabear View Post
It has been more than a year but I belive that the collectors edition from amazon did not give me 500 cryptic points, but got me a red matter capassitor & a liberated borg BO and some clothes. The Digital edition did get me 500 cryptic points, a multi-shield and a Joined Trill captain race. The Wallmart edition got me 500 skill points that Q can double if not used.

You only get what is listed from the site. I believe the Atari versions also came with 500 cryptic points, if they are still available. You also can get 500 cp for $6.25 I think (not sure on the cents but it seems right.)
Oh, Q can double your skill points from the Walmart version? How does that work?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRGodfrey
I just bought the Digital Download from Steam and applied the code. It seems that I got 500 C-Points. I also have the collector's edition from Amazon on the way. Once I apply that will I also get 500 more c-points? Wondering if you get free c-points for every boxed version serial you apply?
Direct purchase from Atari gets 500 C-Points, as this is the Atari 'Vendors Perk'... Amazon has their own (and different) 'Vendors Perk' (e.g. The 'Efficient' Borg Engineer BO) that you will get instead with a direct Amazon purchase... (But only directly from Amazon... Amazon affiliates don't qualify for this...)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-23-2011, 12:30 PM
ALL copys of the digital deluxe version, regardless of vendor come with 500 free c-points, you can stack multiple copys as long as they are from different retailers (beware vendors with generic stock)

Atari is the only one of the 'major' DD retailers to not throw in any extras at all with their DD copy + its always been the most expensive to buy from them/onsite STO - never understood that :/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRGodfrey
Oh, Q can double your skill points from the Walmart version? How does that work?
Q effectively adds a x2 whenever any (or almost any, I'm not sure of what all he affects) currency or points are gained. So you use the skill boost, it goes through the "skill points gained" code, which now has the "If Q, Then x2" code activated.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Did you know that the 30 days free game time only applies once?
Once your account has had the free game time, your account isn't allowed it again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
08-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Amazon also used to have a DD version that also gave you 500 Cstore points. And the D2D version of the DD also gives you 500 cstore points.

I have 3 versions of the DD on my account and they all gave me 500 points plus the extras from each version. So if you ever see a DD sell for less then six bucks everyone who doesn't have it should add it to their account.

My boxed copy of STO from GS did not have 500 Cstore points, BUT it did come with a extra key at check out that gave me 500 points.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:53 PM.