Lt. Commander
# 21
08-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shar487
True, but Feds never had anything similar to the B'Rel retrofit that could fire torps while cloaked. The hargh-peng was not too bad on its own, but throw in the retro-B'rel enhanced battle-cloak... Then the peng got really nasty.
Please. The B'Rel Refit's 'enhanced' battle cloak is so broken thanks to some very vocal PvPers who didn't even let it get off of the *drawing board* before screaming how OP it was (without even trying it or trying to defend against it), that the ship is laughable. Not even the 'mighty hargh'peng' can make it more than semi-viable.

It's the only ship I know of where having your teammates give you heals actually does you more harm than good because you're completely visible and completely shieldless unless you don't use it's 'special feature' (the enhanced battle cloak).
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-24-2011, 09:49 PM
I never had a problem with pengs in the last few weeks. But yes its a good start.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-24-2011, 10:31 PM
there are 2 different types of people arguing about this weapon. those who have encountered science ships running 6 of them or teams with each ship having more then 2, and those that haven't, or just pve.

from a person who has had those run ins, trust me this was completely appropriate.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-25-2011, 01:20 AM
All your pengz are NAUGHT to me!
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-25-2011, 02:18 AM
I like the movement, but this isn't enough. They need to look at the stack next. Pronto.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-25-2011, 05:50 AM
and make the peng use a skill, like every other weapon in game.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-25-2011, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
wholeheartedly concur
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank65
Will wonders never cease,

The FEDs get Pengs and thay go unchanged for months despite the crys for a nerf.

Then the KDF get Pengs and not even 2 weeks later they get nerfed.

Now dont get me wrong they need it, just seems funny though and like everyone said "If you want a nerf
to the Peng give them to the KDF and in a couple of weeks they will be nerfed into the ground"

Just seems funny to me.
I think we all expected this to happen, just as soon as the KDF finally got to use their own weapon.

Sounds like its time for me to switch my Hegh'ta back to a proper weapons setup, though having nothing but 'Pengs at the front has left me lots of power to use (since my weapons power has been on minimum) while playing about with higher level science skills, not to mention my shields have been pretty well buffed with the extra power too.

For the record, I'd still rather they never introduced the Har'Peng torpedo in the first place, its been nothing but trouble since day one, can't they just delete it?
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsBody

For the record, I'd still rather they never introduced the Har'Peng torpedo in the first place, its been nothing but trouble since day one, can't they just delete it?
Compromise: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=229313
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
You want people to be able to skill them up?