Lt. Commander
# 71
08-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapos
Hi Tide, and cheers for the props, happy to team up on ground.

But I will clarify, nowhere have I said I like SS3, so please don't misrepresent me. I know for a fact none of our FS premades have used SS3 since the last KT tourney ended in march this year, due to claims that SS3 was "broken" - despite seeing other well known fleets using it still.

However, with thorough testing, I've recently found SS1 and 2 can have the same annoying effects (target switching / evasive misfires) - the extent of this depending on speccing/consoles/aux levels. I find banning SS3 and not other levels inconsistent and hypocritical. If you think scramble is broken, then ban scramble altogether. .
Hi np

You said SS3 is not more OP than SS 1-2 I still thing that is wrong yeah SS2 could be banned from Opvp turney, but if SS is totaly banned it will be a tac team nightmare like it was in TSI turney

Oh and very nice to hear you dont run SS3
Lt. Commander
# 72
08-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphezir View Post
This is what is left, when they dont bring real arguments for this distinction.

I want to hear the resons for the rule and let them face the whole community, not only some special persons discussing it; but when even those, who set the rules, prefer bashing with the sistas, I lose my hope that there will be any progress in that.
And even though I like most of them - again: not bringing arguments, lets it look like its just want the want to have.

Edit: There was a time people believed that only SS 3 is borked. People started to skill it and found out, that the other SS are too. Dont be Catholic. Change the rules.
The thing is, if you don't allow any form of scramble at all, then every man child and dog carries tac teams as sci teams become almost useless and the game just becomes retarded again.

There are two distinct reasons why SS3 got the chop.

1. SS3 is/was singled out due to it being broken (although others have already stated, ss1 and ss2 can produce similar results) "more" than the other 2.

2. It also sits in the cmdr slot, which then leaves your 2 ltc slots for the best two sci heals in the game. If you take SS2 then you are trading one of these epic heals for it, where as there's no such drawback in using SS3.

Add to that the overwhelming support of almost everyone who entered the fundays and pug days for banning SS3.

Think of it as a necessary evil, to make sci teams more useful and to stop the stuipdness of tac teams becoming unbearable.

It does need a change, I've never understood why it was an AOE skill in the first place, it should just of been a single target skill.
Lt. Commander
# 73
08-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Furque i can totally agree with it that SS1 to SS3 should be just to the target, or just an radius of 1km or something around the target.
Lt. Commander
# 74
08-25-2011, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
"Ultra boring setups with cruisers" is at the core of Zorena's complaints.
Hehe, that reminds me of inaphase.

I cannot entirely disagree sometimes. Though I can appreciate the work that goes into being a good healer. (And I get why some people rather want to fly DPS Cruisers.)
Lt. Commander
# 75
08-25-2011, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidemand82 View Post
We could ban SS2 in the opvp turney and only allow SS1

No FAW No Mines No PENG and No SS3
O rly? And maybe we all shoud try to build our premades without any version of SS, FAW, MINEs and PENGs. But it's probably an utopia. Oh wait I've forgot that without any form of s**t top fleets would have a big problems with winning. I was rly surprised when I saw that some well known member of "legendary" QEW fleet was using FAW and few days later he said in OPVP that every member of QEW, which will be caught using FAW will be removed from the fleet. And? You guessed it - he's still QEW member. They still use MINEs and SS as everybody else. I thought if he could use FAW I can use PENGs (btw it was only dirty power / weapon I was using).
Hypocrisy is everywhere. Every fleet use tons of s**t because it's easy and I bet nothing will change.

Few days before our LF premade were fighting with some fleet premade (sry I forgot their name). These guys were so pure: no FAW, any version of SS, no PENGs and not even one single MINE. One guy from our fleet was using SS 2, other - MINEs. They lost. I felt rly sorry and ashamed. I PMd one of them. He said something like that: "We don't like these powers so we don't use them against other ppl".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
We have never used scopion fighters ever, havent used mines for 6 months and right now we have zero scrambles - this is actually a problem and we're trying to find a way to fit it in.
Hehe, hehe, hehe and....one, more time ---> HEHE.......
Lt. Commander
# 76
08-25-2011, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrekfan View Post
I was rly surprised when I saw that some well known member of "legendary" QEW fleet was using FAW and few days later he said in OPVP that every member of QEW, which will be caught using FAW will be removed from the fleet. And? You guessed it - he's still QEW member.
I was the one who said that anyone caught would be kicked. Are you seriously trying to suggest that I'm running FAW? Maybe you are just confused?

Can you tell me:

Who has been using FAW in QEW?

Who has been using mines in QEW?

We used FAW for about 2 hours over 2 days when it first came out to have a look at it and assess it. We have not used mines since that day either. Or are you talking about the mines that the intercetors bring in from the Orion ship?
Lt. Commander
# 77
08-25-2011, 06:32 AM
It is pretty pathetic how the same few people have baseless claims about our fleet. I read "startrekfan" and knew instantly it would be a post nothing but bashing us.

We keep losing? Screenshots please, oh wait you have none, because it never happened.

People in our fleet using mines/FAW/Scorpion fighters? Screenshots please, oh wait you have none, because it never happened.

I find it ironic that these same people argue that our players have no life for playing the game competitively and actually giving a **** about winning, when they are running around this game trying to spread BS about a fleet.

Sorry, every one knows we dont cheat or break the OPVP rules. Youre going to have to find another way to get something on us, lying simply wont work. Thanks for the laughs though.

Good day.
Lt. Commander
# 78
08-25-2011, 06:33 AM
You Goose - poor memory?
Lt. Commander
# 79
08-25-2011, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrekfan View Post
You Goose - poor memory?
LOL ok then. Any chance of a screen shot?
Lt. Commander
# 80
08-25-2011, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
It is pretty pathetic how the same few people have baseless claims about our fleet. I read "startrekfan" and knew instantly it would be a post nothing but bashing us.

We keep losing? Screenshots please, oh wait you have none, because it never happened.

People in our fleet using mines/FAW/Scorpion fighters? Screenshots please, oh wait you have none, because it never happened.

I find it ironic that these same people argue that our players have no life for playing the game competitively and actually giving a **** about winning, when they are running around this game trying to spread BS about a fleet.

Sorry, every one knows we dont cheat or break the OPVP rules. Youre going to have to find another way to get something on us, lying simply wont work. Thanks for the laughs though.

Good day.
Calm down Beagles pls. I've never said that your fleet is bad because it's simply not truth. QEW is top fleet - no doubt about that. We (our Warriors of Grethor premade) defeated your "FED legends fleet" only one time and any of my former or current fleets didn't win with QEW even 1 single time. I'm not an a*****e and I don't have issue with "big ego" to admit that you have great fleet Beagles. But pls man don't change the reality. Your fleet also used cheese before and everybody here knows that.
Closed Thread