Lt. Commander
# 101
08-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaius View Post
I won't let the argument "If it's in the game, you can use it" stand. It's the same BS members of TSI's famous Fringe team proclaim in OPVP and it's just not true. You can griefe in a game, but you shouldn't do that. You can call other players ********s, but you shouldn't.
You must be new to QewQew. Ever heard of "fista f*gs" or one of its other equally unfunny and uncreative variations? Guess where that comes from.

Quote:
You can use Scramble3, but you shouldn't. And I'm still on the side, that SS should be banned alltogether. IMO it's the single one skill in this game that actually makes the game for others not fun to play. If 2 teams with many Scrambles encounter each other it's a total ****fest.

Also: Why is the idea of a PVP Police so bad? With Cryptic's track record of PVP support a Community PVP Police is the only option to make PVP enjoyable. So everyone should help working on some community guidelines to which people then stick.
Let me clarify because you seem to have missed the broader philosophical point. Police yourselves. You can control that. What you cannot control is other people. It's insane to think you can. True honor comes from controlling your own actions, win or lose, no matter what the other player is doing. To cry foul afterwards because you handicapped yourself, no matter your reasoning, is, again, insane.
Lt. Commander
# 102
08-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowedTune
This

does not jive with this:

You assert that FS uses "cookie cutter" builds like everyone else yet we get singled out as "bad" while it's OK for other fleets to do the same, exact thing. Double standard.
Actually the term cookie cutter I mean fleets that try to do the same thing and a) fail horribly at it, b) add their own twist and fail horribly at it, c) try and fit in the rules and fail horribly at.

FS you guys are often imitated never duplicated. Just because your guys "cookie cutter" build is better than ones that try and duplicate it and fail. So no double standard. I will not name other fleets that that in my book are approaching your level because I really do not think its fair to call out whole fleets on the forums it is unfortunate that QEW, LF, and FS has been mentioned in this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 103
08-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Quote:
insane... insane... insane!!!
Dont meet the Fistas often in Space PVP these days but I can tell you: The big majority of the community is following the rules. I have to face maybe 1 or 2 SS 3 a day. Even a well known fleet stopped penging. Now everytime we see cheese (like mines, sacrambles, pengs or faw) we say "Oh, Pengs!" or "Ah, mine spam". Getting scrambled, penged or spammed is not a matter of course anymore.
It works.... totally insane
Lt. Commander
# 104
08-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Quote:
I won't let the argument "If it's in the game, you can use it" stand. It's the same BS members of TSI's famous Fringe team proclaim in OPVP and it's just not true. You can griefe in a game, but you shouldn't do that. You can call other players ********s, but you shouldn't. You can use Scramble3, but you shouldn't. And I'm still on the side, that SS should be banned alltogether. IMO it's the single one skill in this game that actually makes the game for others not fun to play. If 2 teams with many Scrambles encounter each other it's a total ****fest.

Also: Why is the idea of a PVP Police so bad? With Cryptic's track record of PVP support a Community PVP Police is the only option to make PVP enjoyable. So everyone should help working on some community guidelines to which people then stick.
Gaius tell me please what skills should be banned from the tournament league play then, do you want more or change something allow something? its not easy to say ban ss3 but leave the other two but the fact that came after the TSI FUNDAY was that it was't fun because everyone was't running sciteam, you had and abundance of tacteams because the scramble reduced the need of sciteam to like 2 per team due to snbs
Lt. Commander
# 105
08-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphezir View Post
Dont meet the Fistas often in Space PVP these days but I can tell you: The big majority of the community is following the rules. I have to face maybe 1 or 2 SS 3 a day. Even a well known fleet stopped penging. Now everytime we see cheese (like mines, sacrambles, pengs or faw) we say "Oh, Pengs!" or "Ah, mine spam". Getting scrambled, penged or spammed is not a matter of course anymore.
It works.... totally insane
Well, I do PvP these days and I see many fleets. Let me tell you... plenty are using mines, pengs, faw and even SS3. But whatever. I don't care what they use. It's the hypocrisy and lies that annoy me.

You also seem to misunderstand me. Never have I said we don't "police" our own builds. For example, despite popular, fact impaired assertions, none of us are running SS3. I'm saying we don't police other people's builds and QewQew about it.... because that would be... wait for it... insane.
Lt. Commander
# 106
08-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Well, I do PvP these days and I see many fleets. Let me tell you... plenty are using mines, pengs, faw and even SS3. But whatever. I don't care what they use. It's the hypocrisy and lies that annoy me.

You also seem to misunderstand me. Never have I said we don't "police" our own builds. For example, despite popular, fact impaired assertions, none of us are running SS3. I'm saying we don't police other people's builds and QewQew about it.... because that would be... wait for it... insane.
I say go with what ever you want to do in the game if you want to use ss3 then do it its there to use. if the babys want to cry about it and they will. let them. Its all they have to do anyway. dont let it bother you do what you need to do to have fun in the game thats what matters. DO NOT bow down to others that say your a horrable pvpers unless you use these tourny rules that are set up for a one time event. Do what you want to have fun in game.

For everyone else learn how to counter ss3 its not hard to do. i will be happy to teach lessions weekly if need be. Just email me.
Lt. Commander
# 107
08-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
Gaius tell me please what skills should be banned from the tournament league play then, do you want more or change something allow something? its not easy to say ban ss3 but leave the other two but the fact that came after the TSI FUNDAY was that it was't fun because everyone was't running sciteam, you had and abundance of tacteams because the scramble reduced the need of sciteam to like 2 per team due to snbs
I don't think that I'm in a position to tell everyone else what to do. Get the fleet leaders on a TS server (or Vent if necessary) and let them discuss and vote. Majority rules.
Lt. Commander
# 108
08-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Quote:
I don't think that I'm in a position to tell everyone else what to do. Get the fleet leaders on a TS server (or Vent if necessary) and let them discuss and vote. Majority rules.
I think that would be fair. If GF couldn't make I am sure I could
Lt. Commander
# 109
08-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Thread closed due to a large amount of fighting.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Closed Thread