Lt. Commander
# 11
08-25-2011, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Did you know that the 30 days free game time only applies once?
Once your account has had the free game time, your account isn't allowed it again.
Actually, not true. I have yet to add any subscription info to my account like a credit card for automated billing and I have free time up till Feb. 2012 just from adding boxed codes with 30 days free.

I drove around to all the stores in the area that had STO still on the shelves and bought up what I could for the exclusive bonuses. Picked up the regular retail version and collector's edition from Gamestop (paid a total of $23 for both) and after applying the serial, I was credited with free time till February.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-25-2011, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Did you know that the 30 days free game time only applies once?
Once your account has had the free game time, your account isn't allowed it again.
^ Not true, i have over a year stacked on my account from boxed/digital copys alone

But remember that you CANNOT stack mutliple copys from the same base retailer stock and just recently they made it so that multiple retail BOXED copys wont stock ( however you are still free to add as many Digital Deluxe copys to your account as you want - each getting you 500 C-points and 30days added )

e.g :
Activated Features

Star Trek Online - Digital Retail
Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe
Star Trek Online - Retail
Star Trek Online Public Test Shard
Star Trek Online - Collector's Edition
Star Trek Online - Retail
Star Trek Online - Gold Edition
Star Trek Online - Gold Edition
Star Trek Online - Digital Collector's Edition
Star Trek Online - Digital Collector's Edition
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRGodfrey
Hmm... so I could buy multiple digital versions of the game from the different online retailers and get more points? I ask because I was planning on buying a couple other digitals for the different freebies they have, plus the 30 days free gametime. If it gives 500 free points, then it makes the decision to buy them even more sweet.
Seems it would be cheaper to just buy more points rather than multiple copies of the game...
500 pts is only $6.50 (US) in the Cstore.
But, to each their own...HF
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Seems it would be cheaper to just buy more points rather than multiple copies of the game...
Digital Downloads also come with 30 days of gametime. so 1 month of gameplay + 500 points for 14.99? I consider it a value.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-25-2011, 09:07 AM
The downside of all those "free" time is that it doesn´t count towards the veteran status though. :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
That's why you wait for sales. Several have happened where STO is $5 or less.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-25-2011, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
The downside of all those "free" time is that it doesn´t count towards the veteran status though. :p
You sure? According to my master account, the free months from buying the boxed/digitals says that my paid time expires in Feb. 2012 and says that I've been subbed for 22 days now. According to the Vet Reward page, the days subbed is what the Vet Reward program uses to determine what reward you receive. I would assume that if it didn't count towards the vet reward program, it would say "days subbed: 0"

I assume that the "free time" is read as if it were an STO timecard and just credits you the month instead of marking it as "free."
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRGodfrey
You sure? According to my master account, the free months from buying the boxed/digitals says that my paid time expires in Feb. 2012 and says that I've been subbed for 22 days now. According to the Vet Reward page, the days subbed is what the Vet Reward program uses to determine what reward you receive. I would assume that if it didn't count towards the vet reward program, it would say "days subbed: 0"

I assume that the "free time" is read as if it were an STO timecard and just credits you the month instead of marking it as "free."
It´s second hand information, maybe those free days do count.