Lt. Commander
# 1 Auto-fire!!
08-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Umm... Auto-fire in space works well. But, when in RPG mode (why would you do it in shooter mode?) auto-fire is weird. I have trouble starting it up. I'll click on the bad guy, and press 1 or 2, and nothing happens. It appears that you have to be hit first before you can do that... Does anyone know any way to do auto-fire in RPG mode where you don't have to be hit first? Am I doing it wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-24-2011, 04:15 PM
I have been having all sorts of auto-fire problems since shooter mode came out...
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-25-2011, 01:56 PM
In your options there are some setting I believe under the “hud’ tab ( don’t quote me on that ) I find one of the 3 options does not work as advertized and causes this behavior. I cannot remember the exact name of it but its not Auto Attack – Never cancels or Auto Attack-Change opponents cancels , it’s the third one which causes the problem, something like Auto Attack – Non Combat Cancels. Change that to one of the other ones or none.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Hardy View Post
I have been having all sorts of auto-fire problems since shooter mode came out...
Same here.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakner View Post
In your options there are some setting I believe under the “hud’ tab ( don’t quote me on that ) I find one of the 3 options does not work as advertized and causes this behavior. I cannot remember the exact name of it but its not Auto Attack – Never cancels or Auto Attack-Change opponents cancels , it’s the third one which causes the problem, something like Auto Attack – Non Combat Cancels. Change that to one of the other ones or none.
That's been bugged for years... Which is a shame as its the most useful. These days I just leave it on auto-fire (always on) then if I need to turn it off I do so by deselecting the Autofire option on the tray.
Lt. Commander
# 6 maintain
08-25-2011, 10:55 PM
Everyone has been having problems with autofire [ ground ] since the dev team intentionaly removed the option of " Maintain " from the auto attack selection list on the ground control option page . The reason give in for this was " issues " . Autofire for ground is presently .. misbehaving . If your auto attack setting is " Toggle ; Never Cancels " the autofire function will work , Only if you Manualy select a target . I belive the problem lay in that the auto target part of the auto attack function does not recognise that there is a valid target present to shoot at.