Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
I don't wanna be a pain, but CaptnLogan's done some work on the Intrepid Model and it looks great.

Trouble is, the fixes only made it to the T4 version, along with a new hull texture, but NOT the t5 model.

Can these fixes be applied to the T5 model too? Please?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-25-2011, 11:24 PM
You are KIDDING me right?

Really?

It just never occurred to anyone at Cryptic or was there really a problem?

Please explain this oversight, it makes no sense.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-26-2011, 02:54 AM
im almost not surprised, the tier 5 version probably has some additional complexity and hard points that allows it to use the deployable armor, and probably is its own fairly unique model underneath. it is a bit of a eye rolling oversight though, and it appears no one in the office noticed, or it would have been a known issue in patch notes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
im almost not surprised, the tier 5 version probably has some additional complexity and hard points that allows it to use the deployable armor, and probably is its own fairly unique model underneath. it is a bit of a eye rolling oversight though, and it appears no one in the office noticed, or it would have been a known issue in patch notes.
You know, I hadn't thought of the issues you brought up with the armor.

Thank you, for bringing it up. It fortifies my patience slightly.
I was beginning to feel ignored and NOT by the community either.

I still would like to see the improvements made to my model too since they are improvements on the model after all.

So Cryptic If you are reading this, please fix my model too! Please
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-29-2011, 05:31 AM
Oh yeah, haven't really noticed it (I try to restrain from going to often to the shipyard or the tailor...)
So... if there aren't any problems regarding the Ablative Armor... please add it to the T5 Intrepid too
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-30-2011, 05:20 AM
I'm a little disappointed that the T5 model wasn't updated with this patch.

Come on guys, we paid real money for the T5 version! It should get any model fixes the T4 version does, including the shiny new hull texture !
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VengefulDjinn
I'm a little disappointed that the T5 model wasn't updated with this patch.

Come on guys, we paid real money for the T5 version! It should get any model fixes the T4 version does, including the shiny new hull texture !
Why pay real money for a ship that you can get for free at end game? :/

That being said, I do believe this hull material was reserved for the 1701-F. I think the Intrepid was just a teaser. Deep breaths everyone
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
Why pay real money for a ship that you can get for free at end game? :/
The intrepid retrofit IS purchasable in the C Store, My decision to purchase the ship, rather than get it for free, is really not the issue and I don't care to justify or debate my purchasing decisions.

Suffice it to say, I did, the tier 4 model has CapnLogan's most recent fixes on it.
I'm asking to get those same fixes as on the model I payed for as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
That being said, I do believe this hull material was reserved for the 1701-F. I think the Intrepid was just a teaser. Deep breaths everyone
You can tease it on the T5 version just as well. This just seems silly

If we must live with the C store, and if it is a necessary evil for the better of the game, Fine, I can live with that. I'll continue to support the game through my purchases.
I just would like to see the fixes applied to the one I purchased as well. I'm a good C store customer, I don't think asking for the updates to be applied on my T5 model as well , is being unreasonable.

For all I know, this might even be an oversight, or a bug.

CapnLogan does a great job, he spent time and resources to improve upon this model, to make it more accurate.

Please guys Can I have those fixes on my T5 version as well?
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-30-2011, 01:03 PM
I haven't logged on recently or used the T4 intrepid since I'm a VA and usually in either my D'Kyr or Nebula. What changes were made to the T4 and not T5?
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFO-OptimusPrime View Post
I haven't logged on recently or used the T4 intrepid since I'm a VA and usually in either my D'Kyr or Nebula. What changes were made to the T4 and not T5?
Well for starters, the shuttle markings leading up to the shuttle bay were added. The hull around the shuttle bay was reshaped.

On the underside of the saucer, lights were added to where they were supposed to be, (in the recessed bit). The ship's name was removed, (only the registry should be on the bottom).

The extra glow on the nacelles, (the bussard exhausts) was removed.

And a completely new hull texture was added in the ship customization options.

Admittedly the changes seem slight, and don't go far enough to "fix" the model, imo, particularly on the underside of the saucer, BUT, These changes are some of the ones I myself, (and others), have been asking for on the forums for quite some time now.
And they do take the model closer to what it should look like. So one could argue they are improvements and therefore should be made to both models.
So I'm asking again, please apply these changes to the T5 model too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
lol word. Here's some fixes.

[/quote]