Lt. Commander
# 11
08-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Ok...

Thing is: Cryptic has no chance to know all taxes at a given time. So naturally the C-Store dosen't show prices with regional taxes.

For example: I live in Denmark. Here we have 25% VAT, wich you have to add to the base price of a product.
So whenever I buy a product that is only listed with it's base price, I have to add that base price with 1.25 (for example: 100 + VAT = 125).

Now... Is it Cryptic who charges me thoose extra 25,- DKK (Danish Kroner)? No... it's not. I'ts the danish customs services. All Cryptic gets and sees are the 100,- DKK, because the other 25 are diverted directly into the danish bank.

So when Cryptic is billing you the base price, there is nothing deceptive, hidden or cheating about it. They have charged you the base price of their product, wich is the only gain they have from that transaction.
If you want to blame someone, blame your goverment/state because Cryptic clearly states on their "Buy C-Point page":

Quote:
Prices displayed are not inclusive of VAT and/or other applicable local taxes. Purchases from European Union (EU). VAT is charged in accordance with the local legislation in each member state and varies from 15%-25%.