Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
08-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
To edit a link you get normally this (without the *) [*URL="This is your URL"]This is whatever text you want.[/URL*]

Like this I have a huge stupid link and now I changed the link to this sentence to finally tell you this is a picture of the money cat.

As for hairstyles, bloody hell give them now I hate the current limited selection.
sweet... thanks for the answer there... I am not quite the forum rat I should be to find this type of stuff out....
I dunno, the bald KDF toons seem to have a cool thing going on, but it does get old having everybody look like Chang....ugh...speaking of which if I see another Chang in another retrofit Imma puke my bloodwine up....
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-26-2011, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
sweet... thanks for the answer there... I am not quite the forum rat I should be to find this type of stuff out....
I dunno, the bald KDF toons seem to have a cool thing going on, but it does get old having everybody look like Chang....ugh...speaking of which if I see another Chang in another retrofit Imma puke my bloodwine up....
no worries my science liberated borg female Klingon flies a proper Tier 5 raptor named Ra'zor
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
To edit a link you get normally this (without the *) [*URL="This is your URL"]This is whatever text you want.[/URL*]

Like this I have a huge stupid link and now I changed the link to this sentence to finally tell you this is a picture of the money cat.

As for hairstyles, bloody hell give them now I hate the current limited selection.
I'm having trouble with this. Im gonna pm you so not to derail further.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-26-2011, 09:02 AM
There's a button in the interface when you post. It's a little paperclip with a globe on it. So highlight the text you want to be the message about your link. Then click that button in your editor here. (It's like to the far side of where you can bold text and what not). That will then call up a little box that lets you put the URL into it. Viola. No coding needed.

On topic: I'd love for the hair tech to happen. My Nausicaan has dreads and they clip into his awesome Nausi armor and look bad.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I dislike the dreads on my Klingon, too, but I doubt Cryptic will do anything about it soon, they have enough to do to design new ships and consoles for C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-27-2011, 01:20 AM
It isn't even that they're dreads.

It's that it looks like they're wearing mops on their heads.

No seriously, get an old mop, put it on your head and look in a mirror- now you've got that genuine STO klingon loop.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
I'm sure it's been said before but I'm just baffled about the lack of hairstyles, I'm even more baffled by what options we do have. Personally, maybe I'm wrong, but I can even see a lot of the Fed hairstyles being easily suitable for a Klingon and I'm just lost as to why those hairstyles can't just be transferred over.

The options are all dreads and then the receding hairline and top knot, and that's pretty much it. I've tried and tried to think back to all the ST episodes I've seen that had Klingons and I can NOT for the life of me remember one Klingon that had dreads. Did the Khitomer Accords lead to KDF becoming more familiar with Earth culture and grew a fascination with Reggae?

"ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY WARRIOR, BOB MARLEY!!!!"

Limited hairstyles I can sort of deal with, but who decided that 80% of Klingons would have dreads?

I just imagine my Klingon warrior going to his quarters and singing "What I've Got" by Sublime in a very monotonous, grumbly tone.
I lieterally lol'd at this But yeah, like everyone else I agree that Klingons should definetly have more than just dreads. But I would highlly prefer that they finish the hundred other things we're "supposed" to get.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-27-2011, 10:12 AM
I believe that they went for dreads because it still looks more "Klingon-ish" than if they'd given us long but smooth, normal hair. It would have just looked sh... and whilst not perfect the dreads were the easiest solution. Understandable, and bearable, for the time being. As like FerengiQuark pointed out, there are other, more pressing matters that could be addressed first.

I could think of the modelers actually revamping the entire selection once this new "hair tech" (which pioneered with the fur on our veteran pauldrons) gets rolled out entirely. At that point, it will actually become possible to have long hair that doesn't look like a shiny brick and thus totally unfitting for Klingons.

It's just a technical limitation, and they have already been working on removing the obstacles.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-27-2011, 09:09 PM
No we Klingons do not have Dreads. Though it might look interesting I've yet to see that in any of my costuming in real life among my fellow warriors. We do braid our hair (wigs) and unless theres a bald klingon we mostly do not show ears either. I agree there needs to be more options.

Qapla Batlh Je!
Marok
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-28-2011, 06:35 AM
I have to support this.
Let's face it, Klingons are the King of 80's heavy metal big hair!!
Nothing but perms and curls. I think the overall best winner of Klingon big hair was Captain Kohlar of the D7 from the VOY: Prophecy (7x14) episode.
Man, if our society allowed, I would be pimping that everyday!!!

What we have is....
not that!