Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
08-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post

edit: oh by the way, nice edit. rage much?
no, not rage. I just decided to try to be a bit less rude. But take it for what you will. You seem to not be interested in facts at all anyway.

Oh, and if you can get a hold of Faithborn ( Don't know if it is possible since he left ). Ask him if he knows an Eleven of Twenty-Nine. Ask Ninjaboy as well. Go ahead.

There is a reason I am on their friends list.

Engineer/Cruiser is what I do. It is ALL I do. And I do it very very well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
08-29-2011, 02:19 PM
No I posted facts, its just that a bunch of people who have no experience or idea how top tier pvp actually works replied, and im not wasting my time replying to them. Thats all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
08-29-2011, 02:38 PM
My problem with FAW is quite simple.

It breaks the sacred triology so hard that it can make bringing escorts pretty much worthless.

You can super tank and heal, while doing very very high Damage with faw in a cruiser. Said cruiser will be able to out tank any Escort, while pumping ridiculous damage levels during the course of it's uptime. EPTW1 x2, FAW 1 and maybe 2 if you aren't a tac, EPS console, and you're good to go. For tanky goodness roll ASIF3, EPTS3, ET3, EPTS2, and either RSP or ES1 depending on if you are feeling generous to your team mates. Proceed to abuse the Z axis on any poor fool bringing cannons to the fight, and you have a really sorry situation.

Cruisers get to Tank, Heal and Do Heavy DPS all at once, even with this incarnation of FAW. The hardest part about that build, is if you're feeling generous enough to heal people that aren't yourself, and figuring out how to achieve max weapon power, while coming very close on Shield Power, and that last one isn't hard at all.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why FAW's ridiculous damage modifier is a terrible idea.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
08-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
So you guys are complaining about a power that is so OP that nobody uses it any more?
Maybe people need to run FAW to show everyone how op it is? (If it is still op, which I'm not sure about.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
08-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
My problem with FAW is quite simple.

It breaks the sacred triology so hard that it can make bringing escorts pretty much worthless.

You can super tank and heal, while doing very very high Damage with faw in a cruiser. Said cruiser will be able to out tank any Escort, while pumping ridiculous damage levels during the course of it's uptime. EPTW1 x2, FAW 1 and maybe 2 if you aren't a tac, EPS console, and you're good to go. For tanky goodness roll ASIF3, EPTS3, ET3, EPTS2, and either RSP or ES1 depending on if you are feeling generous to your team mates. Proceed to abuse the Z axis on any poor fool bringing cannons to the fight, and you have a really sorry situation.

Cruisers get to Tank, Heal and Do Heavy DPS all at once, even with this incarnation of FAW. The hardest part about that build, is if you're feeling generous enough to heal people that aren't yourself, and figuring out how to achieve max weapon power, while coming very close on Shield Power, and that last one isn't hard at all.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why FAW's ridiculous damage modifier is a terrible idea.
This layout is not as great as you are suggesting. Lots of negatives to get a bit more damage.

Not the instant win you think it is. Not even close.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
08-29-2011, 02:53 PM
how so? It's definitely more tank friendly than a Scort, while capable of matching one in damage output. And the real kicker is, the more ships like it, it's firepower increase is exponential. Escorts firepower when it's all said and done isn't even close to as huge in terms of gains when you have multiples of them due to their rather limited durability.

The sci slots, are to be used for the usual suspects to finish it off, with aux batteries to raise the healing potential when the heat is on.

It's not a trade off. Superior Durability, Near Equal Damage, with the ability to heal in a pinch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
08-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
how so? It's definitely more tank friendly than a Scort, while capable of matching one in damage output. And the real kicker is, the more ships like it, it's firepower increase is exponential. Escorts firepower when it's all said and done isn't even close to as huge in terms of gains when you have multiples of them due to their rather limited durability.

The sci slots, are to be used for the usual suspects to finish it off, with aux batteries to raise the healing potential when the heat is on.

It's not a trade off. Superior Durability, Near Equal Damage, with the ability to heal in a pinch.
Damage does not equal Burst damage.

If you want to do burst... fly an escort.

High damage numbers mean nothing, if you cannot kill your target. This setup just means you will spread more love around..but you won't burst anybody down..and nobody would consider you target #1 in the battlefield.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
08-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
My problem with FAW is quite simple.

It breaks the sacred triology so hard that it can make bringing escorts pretty much worthless.

You can super tank and heal, while doing very very high Damage with faw in a cruiser. Said cruiser will be able to out tank any Escort, while pumping ridiculous damage levels during the course of it's uptime. EPTW1 x2, FAW 1 and maybe 2 if you aren't a tac, EPS console, and you're good to go. For tanky goodness roll ASIF3, EPTS3, ET3, EPTS2, and either RSP or ES1 depending on if you are feeling generous to your team mates. Proceed to abuse the Z axis on any poor fool bringing cannons to the fight, and you have a really sorry situation.

Cruisers get to Tank, Heal and Do Heavy DPS all at once, even with this incarnation of FAW. The hardest part about that build, is if you're feeling generous enough to heal people that aren't yourself, and figuring out how to achieve max weapon power, while coming very close on Shield Power, and that last one isn't hard at all.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why FAW's ridiculous damage modifier is a terrible idea.
The basic question to me would be how long can a ship sustain being in FaW ball before having to retreat. In the past there was no certainty of even retreat (meaing the ship would explode almost as soon as entering the FaW ball). If now an escort could last 30 seconds before having to leave the FaW ball and with the setup you described there's nothing to stop the escort from leaving I don't know that's an OP thing because and Escort can do a lot of damage in that time. The same concept would apply to Sci ships vs FaW ball.

I can tell you an alert fast moving BoP can tank a fair amount even without team heals and still provide quality dps/CC. It's awhile since I've flown one, but I can think of a few Sci ship builds which either tank and CC or tank and damage well. Tbo, I'd probably be more worrieda about FaW Sci boats w/Tac & Sci Captain mixes than Cruiser FaW balls.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
08-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Lol. Are you serious? TSI, Qew, RE and at least for the most part SOB, who are no doubt the best four teams in the game, dont use FAW because it is overpowered and we have all agreed it is best not to use it.

Meanwhile a bunch of people Ive never seen before and a 7th core player start arguing for FAW and stating it is fair = lol for me.

edit: oh by the way, nice edit. rage much?
AFAIK, no one in SOB uses FAW. At least, that I've seen (though I've been away for a week, that may have changed in my absence).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
08-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Damage does not equal Burst damage.

If you want to do burst... fly an escort.

High damage numbers mean nothing, if you cannot kill your target. This setup just means you will spread more love around..but you won't burst anybody down..and nobody would consider you target #1 in the battlefield.
Read what I said, the firepower increase with FAW is dependent squarely on how many people decide to roll it. In 1 ship it's not bad. 2 ships it is manageable. 3 or more, and it becomes overbearingly powerful.

Hypothetically you could also roll FAWSCI boats, and really wreck havoc with Perma Scrambles, and Shield Drain. But that build gets much trickier.

You don't get nearly similar results from massed Escort fire.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:23 PM.