Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
08-28-2011, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerengiQuark View Post
But I would highlly prefer that they finish the hundred other things we're "supposed" to get.
In all fairness, hair tech has been on the list of things to do quite a bit longer than most of those other hundred things.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
08-30-2011, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
In all fairness, hair tech has been on the list of things to do quite a bit longer than most of those other hundred things.
Yes, it most certainly has... just look at the clipping issues hair has with our uniforms and bodies...yup, won't find that on the fed side...why????....it's a priority over there to take care of them only...not us....PW has said they want more emphasis on the KDF side...only time again will tell if they are blowing smoke and the devs are seriously Fed fans only.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
08-30-2011, 10:16 AM
I really really hate to admit it, but I have asked myself the same thing when I read it.
Is this smoke and mirrors again or do they really want separate factions?


... crossing fingers and hoping for the best!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
08-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
I believe that they went for dreads because it still looks more "Klingon-ish" than if they'd given us long but smooth, normal hair. It would have just looked sh... and whilst not perfect the dreads were the easiest solution. Understandable, and bearable, for the time being. As like FerengiQuark pointed out, there are other, more pressing matters that could be addressed first.

I could think of the modelers actually revamping the entire selection once this new "hair tech" (which pioneered with the fur on our veteran pauldrons) gets rolled out entirely. At that point, it will actually become possible to have long hair that doesn't look like a shiny brick and thus totally unfitting for Klingons.

It's just a technical limitation, and they have already been working on removing the obstacles.
I'd have to disagree, both Worf and Kahless in game have decent looking hairstyles, especially Kahless, I love his hair in game.

Kahless back shot
Kahless, attempted profile shot

They could use that texture for all sorts of new hairstyles until the new tech gets implemented, which probably wont be for a LONG time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
08-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Not quite what the OP is suggesting, but I would love "full head" versions of the existing dreads for chars without special foreheads.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
08-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Character model designer for the Klingons did some poor research. Some source material found.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
08-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Character model designer for the Klingons did some poor research. Some source material found.
lmao

/10 chars
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
08-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
I'd have to disagree, both Worf and Kahless in game have decent looking hairstyles, especially Kahless, I love his hair in game.

Kahless back shot
Kahless, attempted profile shot

They could use that texture for all sorts of new hairstyles until the new tech gets implemented, which probably wont be for a LONG time.
They could just take and create a new hairstyle using current tech, shorten the Klaa hair a little for clipping issues, and people would be mostly happy....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
08-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
I'd have to disagree, both Worf and Kahless in game have decent looking hairstyles, especially Kahless, I love his hair in game.
There's some truth to that, but I suppose that is mainly because both characters were inserted at a later time at which player hairstyles were already done. If they'd touch them again with what kind of hair graphics are available now, I'm sure they would look even better.

The tricky thing is getting the modelers to start re-working Klingon hair styles in the first place. I'd assume it is the same artists that are busy creating new ships and clothes for the C-Store and general game content; KDF just isn't a priority there. Which is somewhat understandable, but nonetheless saddening after all that time. I mean, there's always going to be something more important if you think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Character model designer for the Klingons did some poor research. Some source material found.
Hey, what's that Nausicaan doing here? :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
08-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
There's some truth to that, but I suppose that is mainly because both characters were inserted at a later time at which player hairstyles were already done. If they'd touch them again with what kind of hair graphics are available now, I'm sure they would look even better.

The tricky thing is getting the modelers to start re-working Klingon hair styles in the first place. I'd assume it is the same artists that are busy creating new ships and clothes for the C-Store and general game content; KDF just isn't a priority there. Which is somewhat understandable, but nonetheless saddening after all that time. I mean, there's always going to be something more important if you think about it.

Hey, what's that Nausicaan doing here? :p
True

I'd say that they could just take those hairstyles I posted and add them to the character creator, but I've heard that npc accessories work totally different than player accessories. I assume it might be because when npcs are designed they're one whole entity, where player characters is multiple parts attached and able to scale with each other (you make your chars head bigger, the selected hair scales with it).

What I wish they would have done, however, is when those characters were made (which is a little over a year ago) that someone looked at that hair and said "That looks pretty awesome and much better than dreads, since we're designing it right now and working on KDF stuff, it would be somewhat convenient to add it in as an option right now."

I'm sure there's a good reason why that didn't happen but eh, a man can dream.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:25 AM.