Lt. Commander
# 11
08-30-2011, 09:14 AM
the rsv idea sounds great.

i was running something close to that before. maybe i'll go plasma this time instead of chroniton.

we should also be aware of the mvae implications.

should be fun in the q's tonight, see you all there.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
The only thing that could potentially be devastating is having a large number of torp spread IIIs (but then youre stuck with no healers/support). On its own, it is not worth taking. Even with three torp consoles + TS III, the quantums couldnt kill photonic fleets in one shot. Enemies with any shields were not affected at all.
If I understand it correctly, Torpedo Spread III would hit 9 targets? I don't think you really need that much.

My impression is, though, that it works differently than HYT in that each target is hit with a single damage effect. This might have.... "interesting" consequences with critical hits. With HYT, a critical hit is most likely to affect only a part of the increased damage.

PvE enemies at Elite level seem to have increased crtical hit chances, and it has always been so that Torpedo Spread and Heavy Torpedoes are particularly dangerous there - simply because it was a single high damage effect with a good chance to crit. (That potentially also ignors kinetic damage resistance from shields, if I can believe some reports.)

Is the bug still in it that causes Torpedo Spread only to trigger the shared cooldown?
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-30-2011, 10:05 AM
Updated the OP. Looks like we've got another borked one.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Well, at least TS just became a viable skill to have...
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-30-2011, 11:27 AM
I was just running TS3 in PvP and honestly didn't find it terribly useful save for denting photonic fleets/mines etc.

Granted, yes it looks awesome! Especially when theres 5 or 6 targets and they all get their own spread, little twinkling quantum stars of death, well,,, dents anyway. Better than it was before though and I'll run it just for the "aww cool!" look.

I'm sure it'll do well in PvE, but then again, what doesn't do well in PvE.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkem View Post
I was just running TS3 in PvP and honestly didn't find it terribly useful save for denting photonic fleets/mines etc.

Granted, yes it looks awesome! Especially when theres 5 or 6 targets and they all get their own spread, little twinkling quantum stars of death, well,,, dents anyway. Better than it was before though and I'll run it just for the "aww cool!" look.

I'm sure it'll do well in PvE, but then again, what doesn't do well in PvE.
It seems to work pretty well with a shield-draining setup. It makes a good enough alternative to HYT now. Not sure if its overpowered or underpowered or what, but it's better than before.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-30-2011, 12:28 PM
With pengs, and still some faw builds I guess its time to migrate back to cruisers or Sci vessel. Given I cannot not fight against it since my comcast has been down since Saturday evening. I guess sci online has become more sci online. Oh yeah more SS that is what we need since that will be the catch all counter for this poorly planned skill.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Heh, I guess I wasn't the only one with trouble with Comcast over the weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inktomi19d View Post
It seems to work pretty well with a shield-draining setup. It makes a good enough alternative to HYT now. Not sure if its overpowered or underpowered or what, but it's better than before.
This.

It's not too terribly fabulous on most builds, but with a shield strip... say good night. Especially if you have 2 Scis blasting off CPBs and Torp Spreads.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
This.

It's not too terribly fabulous on most builds, but with a shield strip... say good night. Especially if you have 2 Scis blasting off CPBs and Torp Spreads.
If this is the case I guess SS really isn't a good counter since most Sci Ships will carry at least one ST.

Maybe when I come back I can outfit the B'Rel-R with multiple LOLSpread 3.