Lt. Commander
# 291
08-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
Assuming you find a player willing to trade you 800 CP for whatever amount of Dilithium you got by then.
Actually, if it ends up being like the T5 ships, then you would most likely be able to purchase it with Dilithium, assuming you can earn enough to buy it that low of a level. No middle-man involved. At least, that's what I'm hoping.
Lt. Commander
# 292
08-29-2011, 02:13 PM
you guys wanna know why the Rhode Island is T2? see below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl
The way there were setup on Tribble is not how they were being setup for Holodeck. QA needs the Red Alerts to fire constantly so that they can test all the missions in all the sectors. This is one of the reasons why we sometimes don't put things on Tribble, because we have a lot of debugging stuff going on that we would rather you not have to deal with (and that we know how to work around). But I felt that you should at least give some feedback to the designers before this went live so I made the call to put it on Tribble anyway.

We've made some updates for this weekends to make the version on Tribble closer to how it will be on Holodeck, so this should lead to less confusion for those checking it on on the test server.

The Red Alerts aren't designed to be end game content (those would be the remade STFs that Gozer is working on and are going to Closed Beta in a week). These are meant to be fun short missions for players of all levels who normally don't get to fight the Borg (over 50% of our player base is under level 21) where they are implemented BETTER than the standard DSEs that are out there and offer good XP bonuses so that there is an incentive for lower level characters to do them when they randomly pop up.

So right now they are exactly what they were designed to be. If you are looking for meatier content, then stay tuned for the updated STFs. If you are looking for more replayable missions - stay tuned for the Borg Ground Invasion zone coming in late September. And if you are looking for more story missions, then those are the Deep Space Nine feature episodes we are working on.

Our 4 content designers are each extremely busy and getting a variety of content lined up for all types of players. Maybe the Borg Red Alerts aren't what you wanted them to be, but to others they will be fun. It takes a wide variety fo content to please a large and vastly different level player set.
that's why, because having the Rhode Island at T2 (along with the other 16 variants, though some will be at different tiers), would impact the majority of STO's players, which they usually go for

(Level 21 is Commander 1 in case you don't want to do the math)
Lt. Commander
# 293 RI ...w/ extra cheese
08-29-2011, 09:39 PM
The RI is a no-go for me too.
1.) I'm VA, I don't need a piddly little T2.5 or T3 ship sitting in my hanger bay. :p
2.) I drive a cruiser so a Sci-ship only console doesn't send a thrill up my leg.
3.) I'm all for extra Boff stations and consoles, but making a C-Store ship that has more than it 'should' is just wrong. Was this how the RI was going to be before Perfect Worlds bought Cryptic?

Oh wait... I hate grinding crap out... YAY, put more uber-stuff in the C-Store!
(Can I get a refund on my Gal-X? No uber-ness yet it cost me $25.)
Lt. Commander
# 294
08-30-2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
He was talking about the phasers, not the ship.
I hope so, otherwise I've been doing it wrong the whole time :p
Lt. Commander
# 295
08-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
you guys wanna know why the Rhode Island is T2? see below:

that's why, because having the Rhode Island at T2 (along with the other 16 variants, though some will be at different tiers), would impact the majority of STO's players, which they usually go for

(Level 21 is Commander 1 in case you don't want to do the math)
The Ri itself isn't the problem. What *is* indefensible, however, is putting that ship at that tier with those abilities in the C-Store with no way of getting it in game save for a CCP-like greed/PLEX system of trading game currency for items with a real dollar amount.
Lt. Commander
# 296
08-30-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm curious...would anyone here have the time to do a comparison of positive and negative feedback in this thread from unique users and be willing to post a percentile of each?
Lt. Commander
# 297
08-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Why can't I just resist the urge to buy anything from the c-store? I need to get some help.....
Lt. Commander
# 298
08-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal
Why can't I just resist the urge to buy anything from the c-store? I need to get some help.....
I was like you, til they pulled the whole Tier x.5 stunt.
Lt. Commander
# 299
08-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Quote:
The Ri itself isn't the problem. What *is* indefensible, however, is putting that ship at that tier with those abilities in the C-Store with no way of getting it in game save for a CCP-like greed/PLEX system of trading game currency for items with a real dollar amount.
i'm aware of that
my stance is neutral on it (the method of acquiring it); i don't care one way or the other, so fair warning

as for the other ships, I welcome the consoles and the extra ships, making the game more diverse (i'm aware of the game imbalance it may cause, and my stance is also neutral on that)
Lt. Commander
# 300
08-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
I was like you, til they pulled the whole Tier x.5 stunt.
Neal "likes" this.