Lt. Commander
# 21
08-30-2011, 10:17 AM
My only quarrel with SS is then when actually specced it switches your targets....I don't usually clear it unless it's a SS3 or a really long SS2 but to be honest, I've never really had a problem with it, apart from sending an ET3 to a mine. But hey, at least we know that mine will be safe for a while . I do think that some people are beginning to take advantage of the fact that not everyone has a science team and just stacks it for fun...sad panda
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701 View Post
My only quarrel with SS is then when actually specced it switches your targets....I don't usually clear it unless it's a SS3 or a really long SS2 but to be honest, I've never really had a problem with it, apart from sending an ET3 to a mine. But hey, at least we know that mine will be safe for a while . I do think that some people are beginning to take advantage of the fact that not everyone has a science team and just stacks it for fun...sad panda
Science Team Please?
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Well like you said I fear fully specced SS2 as well since it almost has the same effect like SS3. (Targeting switch etc.). But SS3 is even worse since the evasive bug appears more than hit by SS2.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3w
Well like you said I fear fully specced SS2 as well since it almost has the same effect like SS3. (Targeting switch etc.). But SS3 is even worse since the evasive bug appears more than hit by SS2.
Its funny how everyone knows its broken and how bad it is but yet all of your guys fleeties use it. I see SOB, TSI, QEW, 7th Core, 528th, 3rd, LF, Lore, and many more and itstead of decreasing it it shows up increased.
Its amazing to me when you get thanked by pugs or other people after a match when in with a premade for not using SS. Guess what the game does work without it quiet nicely. But when i read these awesome Tournament rules where SS3 is forbidden but SS2 and 1 is ok to use makes me just laugh.

What do you see in PVP now days ? Plenty of Science, plenty of SS and you guys wonder why the PVP community is decreasing in numbers and why people don't play PVP anymore. Because they are sick of getting scrambled to death comined with subnukes and other spam. Good thing it really doesn't concern me anymore because very soon my sub is out an i m gone well actually our 25member fleet will be gone from the game but thats a different story.

PVP used to be endgame and a challenge but its not anymore. Its just spam, science, double shields, bugged ships, people who use like 2 or 3 HE's at the same time without any support with in 20km range. Yeah I m sure Cryptic will fix all that.

Same thing with the Rhode Island how many people where complaining about it and now i see those people or their fleeties using it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-31-2011, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stegi
Its funny how everyone knows its broken and how bad it is but yet all of your guys fleeties use it. I see SOB, TSI, QEW, 7th Core, 528th, 3rd, LF, Lore, and many more and itstead of decreasing it it shows up increased.
Its amazing to me when you get thanked by pugs or other people after a match when in with a premade for not using SS. Guess what the game does work without it quiet nicely. But when i read these awesome Tournament rules where SS3 is forbidden but SS2 and 1 is ok to use makes me just laugh.

What do you see in PVP now days ? Plenty of Science, plenty of SS and you guys wonder why the PVP community is decreasing in numbers and why people don't play PVP anymore. Because they are sick of getting scrambled to death comined with subnukes and other spam. Good thing it really doesn't concern me anymore because very soon my sub is out an i m gone well actually our 25member fleet will be gone from the game but thats a different story.

PVP used to be endgame and a challenge but its not anymore. Its just spam, science, double shields, bugged ships, people who use like 2 or 3 HE's at the same time without any support with in 20km range. Yeah I m sure Cryptic will fix all that.

Same thing with the Rhode Island how many people where complaining about it and now i see those people or their fleeties using it.
I concur wholeheartedly. The state of PvP is largely the fault of the "PvP'ers". I put that in quotes, because these are the guys who will gladly stack all the broken powers 10 deep and then complain about the ones that are not broken, here on the forum board.

As a lifer, I still sit and watch from the shadows, hoping that the Perfect World acquisition of Cryptic will be a driving force to fix the almost completely ignored issues in PvP, from broken powers to lack of maps. Frankly, it disheartens me when my fleet mates use many of these broken powers, as I think we should be above that.

When the last iteration of FAW was clearly OP and out of control,.. I did not use it. I made very sure that it was NEVER on my bar. Now that it is fixed, it is back again, for those times I go into a focused healing/spam removal function in a team battle.

The same thing goes for my science ships. Heck, when flying those I hate using SNB, as I feel it is a bit over the top as well. Also you will never catch me using SS at any time.. ever. If the issues are ironed out, then I will be happy to use that one as well.

But you are pretty much dead on, Stegi. It is largely the community that is to blame for driving out those who want solid, legit PvP,..and discouraging those new to the field of battle from ever returning. That leaves just the "king" flies buzzing around the PvP horse apple.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-31-2011, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
I concur wholeheartedly. The state of PvP is largely the fault of the "PvP'ers". I put that in quotes, because these are the guys who will gladly stack all the broken powers 10 deep and then complain about the ones that are not broken, here on the forum board.
If you do not know what the other side will bring, but do want to fight and win and not just give up, you have to use all the broken stuff as well. (Broken = unbalanced, not broken = exploits. If you have to use exploits, than there is really no point anymore to fight.)

That's the problem. One bad apple spoils the rest. That is why it is so important that the development team of this game fixes all the broken powers and ensures that all powers are "fun" to use.

The tournament rules exist because Cryptic doesn't get it done, and we have to improvise. But improvisation is always flawed.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-31-2011, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
If you do not know what the other side will bring, but do want to fight and win and not just give up, you have to use all the broken stuff as well. (Broken = unbalanced, not broken = exploits. If you have to use exploits, than there is really no point anymore to fight.)

That's the problem. One bad apple spoils the rest. That is why it is so important that the development team of this game fixes all the broken powers and ensures that all powers are "fun" to use.

The tournament rules exist because Cryptic doesn't get it done, and we have to improvise. But improvisation is always flawed.
I agree with this sentiment as well, to a degree. I feel that any "official" PvP fleet needs to make sure that they are not running any of this stuff.

Consider it a handicap for fighting against pugs.. not much of one..but still.

So if a pug team has all the messed up ( I will say that instead of broken ) abilities and the premade does not,.. then GG.

And if you lose against another team, when running clean..how can you feel so bad about that? Oh, it might be frustrating.. but I really think you will come out stronger, once the crutches have been kicked out from under those using them.

And yes,.. if somebody is using exploits they are definitely Captain of the USS Failboat.

p.s. Mustrum.. I miss your old avatar :p
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-31-2011, 02:06 AM
I'd prefer that teams I'm on have no scramble/mines/other crap. Sure if we meet another team with all that stuff we'd likely be in for a hard time, but if our team had all that crap too it's still not gonna make the match fun to play. It would give the other team a harder time and we'd have a better chance of getting the W, but I'd still be disgusted after the match. Even in fun interfleet matches people use it sometimes and I think to myself hey aren't we trying to have FUN here? . Ah well just my view anyway, I can't tell others/teammates/fleetmates what to use.

As for OPVP tourney rules, I'd rather have to blast through 5 tac teams then not being able to blast at all cause my weapons won't fire at my target.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-31-2011, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
p.s. Mustrum.. I miss your old avatar :p
What did I use before? The dancing baby?
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-31-2011, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stegi

I can tell you this.

LF does not forbid or ban anything, we have the GMs to ban people for exploiting.

However, I can and do tell new members (and anyone that asks) that we discourage the use of whatever powers that are considered unfun or OPd..

I dont use any of it myself.. I havent used FAW since the first change to it, I used pengs all of one single time time (and just one launcher then), I havent bought the Rhode Island (even though I have bought almost every other ship), I didnt use CVS3 when it was bugged, I dont use Scramble and I dont use Science Captains.. Basically everything I deem unfun or overpowered I dont use.

Oh, and regardless of my personal ingame relationship with anyone.. If I get positive proof that they exploit double shields or BOs or whatever, I *will* report them myself.

I dont really care about all the combatlogs people post here though, I know next to nothing about using computers. I can still easily copy/paste in a textfile, so it looks like your BOP have 440 shieldfacings.