Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
08-02-2011, 01:26 AM
If you want to be an egocentric arse there is an even faster way than just cycling through sector space. (At least for the more popular nebulas).

Assuming that you know the general anomaly layout line yourself up in front of a good route (three fast grabs), log out once to save your position in the nebula. And then go hunting.
Grab the data on your route, switch instance, enter 'new' instance on the position you saved because of logging out, grab the data there on your route, enter next instance, etc. pp.

Do not under any circumstances enter an explore system node when using that method.
Lt. Commander
# 52
08-23-2011, 06:11 PM
After a bit of a hiatus I have started farming again using the suggestions that many of you supplied. I am happy to report that I am having much more success at it now than before. Thanks to you guys. In addition I'd like to add a tip of my own. I have noticed that when I go into a "Explore System" scenario, say an "enemy confrontation" mission where you must defeat 5 or six squadrons? If I simply minimize the communication dialog box, instead of replying to it, it does NOT activate the spawn points of what ever enemy is at hand. I am then free to farm the system, scoop up the goodies and then exit the system without ever engaging or spotting a single enemy. This has been very useful! Did that today for a couple of hours and collected all manner of rare and very rare particle traces.
Lt. Commander
# 53
08-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman1701 View Post
In addition I'd like to add a tip of my own. I have noticed that when I go into a "Explore System" scenario, say an "enemy confrontation" mission where you must defeat 5 or six squadrons? If I simply minimize the communication dialog box, instead of replying to it, it does NOT activate the spawn points of what ever enemy is at hand. I am then free to farm the system, scoop up the goodies and then exit the system without ever engaging or spotting a single enemy. This has been very useful! Did that today for a couple of hours and collected all manner of rare and very rare particle traces.
I was just about to suggest this. I've been doing it since they revamped crafting the first time, and it is definitely the best way to get piles of data quickly. You can get up to 5 nodes if it's a ground mission since you have to go through a space map before beaming down. That's like ~25+ data samples each mission, all without any combat.
Lt. Commander
# 54
08-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin View Post
I was just about to suggest this. I've been doing it since they revamped crafting the first time, and it is definitely the best way to get piles of data quickly. You can get up to 5 nodes if it's a ground mission since you have to go through a space map before beaming down. That's like ~25+ data samples each mission, all without any combat.
Yes I've had a lot more luck with farming as a result of this and many suggestions. However, after a review at Memory Alpha, I now realize that despite everything I learned from fellow posters and the tricks I picked up, not one bit of it has yielded me "photonic energy" in the least. Which is one of the things I need the most for several items.

So maybe I was a bit premature...........................
Lt. Commander
# 55
08-30-2011, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman1701 View Post
Yes I've had a lot more luck with farming as a result of this and many suggestions. However, after a review at Memory Alpha, I now realize that despite everything I learned from fellow posters and the tricks I picked up, not one bit of it has yielded me "photonic energy" in the least. Which is one of the things I need the most for several items.

So maybe I was a bit premature...........................
What is photonic energy? Do you mean Photonic Technology? This is one of the components that is used in the Aegis shield. You can find them in B'tran cluster (regular, not VA), or any mission for levels 36 to 49. I think Zenas expanse has them too.
Lt. Commander
# 56
08-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
What is photonic energy? Do you mean Photonic Technology? This is one of the components that is used in the Aegis shield. You can find them in B'tran cluster (regular, not VA), or any mission for levels 36 to 49. I think Zenas expanse has them too.
Sure! What you said. Photonic Technology! Been all over the B'tran but not at regular so much. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 57
08-31-2011, 06:41 AM
A lkot of good tips thanks guys.