Lt. Commander
Simple question - is there a delete policy if you don't login for ages?

I'm a lifetimer so I assumed my chars and stuff would still all be here when I returned to game, but it seems I have no chars anymore. What gives?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-30-2011, 04:05 PM
your account was hacked? Time to change your passwords.

Also check your mail, if there are any unsual mails in there. Once you create a new toon that is.

Your toons should still be there if you didn't delete them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Hum, don't know yet; still downloading the update.

Was away for a good many months, but heyho, if its a company policy to delete chars after a few months it would be good to know. Tried looking through the support page, but cant find anything.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuomi View Post
Hum, don't know yet; still downloading the update.

Was away for a good many months, but heyho, if its a company policy to delete chars after a few months it would be good to know. Tried looking through the support page, but cant find anything.
How do you know if your characters are deleted if you are still downloading the update?

If you are looking at Captain's database, you won't find anything there. It's been turned off since season 4 started. You have to go in game to check your characters now. And as long as you didn't delete them (or get hacked), they should all still be there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
How do you know if your characters are deleted if you are still downloading the update?

If you are looking at Captain's database, you won't find anything there. It's been turned off since season 4 started. You have to go in game to check your characters now. And as long as you didn't delete them (or get hacked), they should all still be there.
Ah thanks! The updater and the website both told me I had no characters; so that must be it

Thanks for the infos.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-30-2011, 04:22 PM
I have a friend who recently left the game (unsubscribed), and in the "aww we'll miss you BS" that is shown after confirming states that their characters will still be there if they decide to try the game again. Also since you a lifer your charcters should be there, well for the life of the game.

Don't know if you had any c-store points, but if you did you could see if you have any left. Would be a clue as to your account being hacked. There are FED bridge officers that can be bought and sold on the exchange. If someone hacked your account they would have surely exploited every item and form of currancy transfer.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar

Actually it's back on. Feel free to check it. However, if your account has been inactive for long periods your characters won't display in there. This isn't new to Season Four. I believe it's been this way since launch.

It's actually a decent way to check who in your Friends List isn't around anymore actually, now that I think about it...
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-31-2011, 04:19 AM
* You have no characters. *

Tho I do not play the game, i did log in about one - two months ago. Should be 9 chars in there.
And if it is a feature, it should be told, otherwise it can very well be considered a BUG.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-NRG
* You have no characters. *

Tho I do not play the game, i did log in about one - two months ago. Should be 9 chars in there.
And if it is a feature, it should be told, otherwise it can very well be considered a BUG.
You'll need to log into the game to activate your characters with the new captain's database. I had the same heart attack after coming back, but I logged in and all my characters will still there, and then I could look them up on the website.