Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-31-2011, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
It doesnt work like this though, so pray tell me.. Why *shouldnt* we make the match interesting ourselves, now the system is so flawed

The entire thing is broken, it always were
I agree. This is Cryptic's fault. Completely their fault and 100% their fault.

That aside, PvP with no tangible objectives other than Pew Pew is weak at best. It is archaic and frankly bass ackwards in the modern age of gaming. It is as old as Doom, when I played against my friend on our dial up modems.

I know I am not alone in how stale and boring PvP has become. Also, the reason we feel the affect of these broken powers as much as we do,.. well, because we are all just sitting on top of each other.. "turning left" and suffering under the effects of every broken power and broken AOE power in the game.

If players were forced to split up just a bit for different reasons, then I think some of the pain would be reduced a bit.

But are arenas a measure of team tactical prowess and individual player skill. No. Let's not even kid ourselves on that. If you are only as good as the guy keeping you alive..and you remove that guy....then you are not good at all.

These lopsided builds only thrive in the "turn left" environment of our own personal Nascar that is called the arena.

Don't get me wrong.. if you are into all of that, more power to you. But to assume that this environment is the "end all be all" of what makes a good PvP player is wrong on it's face.

I think that is why so many people hang out in Kerrat and whatnot. It is to experience some kind of randomness and the unknown.

I don't hang out there, as there is no real objectives to speak of.. but I can understand why my friends like Gripple Chew hang out there all day.

We await something with some depth.