Lt. Commander
# 81
08-31-2011, 08:23 PM
There are alternate ship variants like the Rhode Island coming to nearly every tier and class of ship. All of those ships will be available for cpoints. All of the ships that you can currently purchase for EC are going to be purchased via Dilithium. Dilithium is replacing Emblems/Badges/Marks/Etc and can be earned at all tiers (plus you are given some as rewards). Many ships (Dilithium and Cpoints) are going to be repriced in the near future. Then if you factor in a subscribers stipend, and the ability to trade cpoints for dilithium - then subscribers will have the ability to get any ship they want, where as others will have to trade their dilithium for cpoints to get them. All will become much clearer when I can go into further detail when we start to talk more about the coming soon details.
Lt. Commander
# 82
08-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
There are alternate ship variants like the Rhode Island coming to nearly every tier and class of ship. All of those ships will be available for cpoints. All of the ships that you can currently purchase for EC are going to be purchased via Dilithium. Dilithium is replacing Emblems/Badges/Marks/Etc and can be earned at all tiers (plus you are given some as rewards). Many ships (Dilithium and Cpoints) are going to be repriced in the near future. Then if you factor in a subscribers stipend, and the ability to trade cpoints for dilithium - then subscribers will have the ability to get any ship they want, where as others will have to trade their dilithium for cpoints to get them. All will become much clearer when I can go into further detail when we start to talk more about the coming soon details.
I like the way you talk
Lt. Commander
# 83
08-31-2011, 08:39 PM
Please make the original Steamrunner one of the classes? Maybe?? It's my favorite class and I cannot stand the Zephyr, it's far too blocky and completely defeats the purpose of having the secondary hull.
Lt. Commander
# 84
08-31-2011, 08:44 PM
Quote:
will we see carriers similar to the felkhir and voquh on lower levels ?

will we see more ship specifik toys on each variant ?

will cloak bugg be fixed ?
Lt. Commander
# 85
08-31-2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Is Dilitium going to be tradeable to other players for something OTHER than C-points?
Lt. Commander
# 86
08-31-2011, 09:06 PM
Quote:
...so even the basic ships are going to be grind or pay now?
Lt. Commander
# 87
08-31-2011, 09:07 PM
Quote:
There are alternate ship variants like the Rhode Island coming to nearly every tier and class of ship. All of those ships will be available for cpoints. [...] Many ships (Dilithium and Cpoints) are going to be repriced in the near future. Then if you factor in a subscribers stipend, and the ability to trade cpoints for dilithium - then subscribers will have the ability to get any ship they want...
So this means that ship C-Store prices will be coming down right? And I mean significantly down.

A 400 point stipend every month doesn't stretch far when each ship ranges from twice to three times that (or potentially more). Especially when no one who spends any time actually playing the game spends months at any particular tier.
Lt. Commander
# 88
08-31-2011, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
...so even the basic ships are going to be grind or pay now?
For freebie players, hence the profit.

For paid/LTSub they will be much more easily accessed.
Lt. Commander
# 89
08-31-2011, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
For freebie players, hence the profit.

For paid/LTSub they will be much more easily accessed.
For a certain value of 'easily', and looking at prices on current ships it looks like the stipend might possibly cover one class in one tier per month if the standard ships are offered at half price. dstahl only mentioned the stipend when referring to subscribers accessing ships; he didn't say subscribers would retain a means of non-burdensome access.
Lt. Commander
# 90
08-31-2011, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
So this means that ship C-Store prices will be coming down right? And I mean significantly down.

A 400 point stipend every month doesn't stretch far when each ship ranges from twice to three times that (or potentially more). Especially when no one who spends any time actually playing the game spends months at any particular tier.
Or they'll be "Free for Gold!" like the costumes in CO.

Either way, I seriously hope the devs actually paid attention to the fans that want their favorite ships at a tier they play at. In other words, tier 5. I'm pretty sure no player wants to put their VA into any ship under tier 5, so these 16 or so new ships are completely useless to us.

Dstahl, if you're reading this... I get that you need cashflow. In fact, I've bought quite a bit from the c-store. But if you want us to buy your new ships, you've gotta make them something we want.