Lt. Commander
# 181
08-31-2011, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STF65
My concerns are more about server strain. I saw a lot of server strain zoning lag on the double XP weekend. Doubling the current fans means double the server strain.

I play ftp games all the time, and lots of them are descent people who just can't afford to spend money on an MMO right now. People like me: the poor college kid. I don't expect much problem.
Then keep your fingers crossed that they are planning for a major hardware upgrade....
Lt. Commander
# 182
08-31-2011, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Farmer
Starting a Fleet(guild/super group/clan) and playing an STF are two completely unrelated things. The 20 hour limit is in place for unlocking things like the ability to chat in Zone, start Super Groups, and so on, it's got nothing to do with gating content. It's also total hours played on the account, not specific characters.
Ahh gotcha. when I saw "Super Group" I thought an actually group (hence STF) I wasnt thinking of fleet.

Ok I can completely agree with all of that then since not everyone is going to want to start a Fleet, and Zone chat is basically spamalot anyways
Lt. Commander
# 183
08-31-2011, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
They abandoned the paying for featured series in CO once they saw the revenue F2P was bringing in. Free for everyone. The newer ones are all free.
Well, hopefully that'll be how it stays in STO, particularly when the next FE comes out since the Enterprise-F is going to be featured, though I'm not sure how F2P brings in revenue when well, it's F2P.

Quote:
My concerns are more about server strain. I saw a lot of server strain zoning lag on the double XP weekend. Doubling the current fans means double the server strain.

I play ftp games all the time, and lots of them are descent people who just can't afford to spend money on an MMO right now. People like me: the poor college kid. I don't expect much problem.
I hope you're right, cause right now, this is just not sitting well with me.
Lt. Commander
# 184
08-31-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm thinking there are probably not going to be any more C-Store Sales from now on...

Hope They give us a few more Q weekends though.
Lt. Commander
# 185
08-31-2011, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
I'm thinking there are probably not going to be any more C-Store Sales from now on...

I sense no more C-Store sales. Wish I knew this, I would've bought the Dreadnought had I known this was going to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 186
08-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post

I don't see the C-Store sales stopping we have them in CO the same time they're held here in STO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reon View Post
Ahh gotcha. when I saw "Super Group" I thought an actually group (hence STF) I wasnt thinking of fleet.

Ok I can completely agree with all of that then since not everyone is going to want to start a Fleet, and Zone chat is basically spamalot anyways
yeah, I realized what you were saying after I posted that. I edited it to clarify.
Lt. Commander
# 187
08-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashki
I sense no more C-Store sales. Wish I knew this, I would've bought the Dreadnought had I known this was going to happen.
Dont worry, Champs just had a 20% off sale the same time we did:

http://forums.champions-online.com/s...d.php?t=136139
Lt. Commander
# 188
08-31-2011, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Then keep your fingers crossed that they are planning for a major hardware upgrade....
a) perfect world are pros at this stuff - if you check out their site, they have quite a few MMOs running
b) the season 4 "code merge" was a huge performance upgrade to our core server technology
c) more hardware is on the way
Lt. Commander
# 189
08-31-2011, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post

Well, all I can say is that I hope that it stays that way, and again, I hope missions and FE's are kept OUT of the C-Store, that's one of the reasons why I dreaded this game going F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 190
08-31-2011, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post

Yeah, I don't think they've ever had a sale in one and not in the other. They have all the same sales more or less. Like when STO has a 50% off costumes or ships sale, CO has a 50% off travel powers or transformation devices sale.