Lt. Commander
# 11
09-01-2011, 05:26 PM
You've got to wonder were the devs expecting to come to work today with the beans spilt, or was this a slip up from perfect world.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-01-2011, 05:28 PM
OMG ! good thing i didnt bought a lifetime sub :p. Although this helps my financial needs. I'll play STO even more..
Lt. Commander
# 13 wasted 200+ bucks
09-01-2011, 05:32 PM
there had better be some serious reimbursement for us lifetimers
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutedge View Post
I think this will be a great move for STO and hopefully it will be bring more a lot of players. Plus, as a LTS I can't wait to get a stipend of Cryptic Points.

Now we just need FE4.
A lot more players to do what exactly? There's been no substantial amount of new content for what seems has been an eternity.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-01-2011, 05:33 PM
OMG ! good thing i bought a lifetime sub . I have played for over a year! I've got almost everything I want and PW-Cryptic will give me a free C-Store credits to buy anything else I could want..... All for being smart and buying a lifetime during open beta!!

FULL OF WIN 4 me!!

. I'll play STO even more..
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockazoid
More than likely we'll get free points every month and be VIP forever. I don't see a downside.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Quote:
If they handle it the way Turbine handled lifers, you'll be more than compensated for your faith in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Try again... You were too quick!
hmm, so it seems

Quote:
paying a lifetime subscription means you're paying to play the game for however long it lasts, NOT however long until it went F2P

also, in a lot of F2P games, lifetimes and subscribers get free C-Store points to spend every minute (called differently in other games, but basically the same)

there's almost literally no downside to it
Lt. Commander
# 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKRider
OMG ! good thing i bought a lifetime sub . I have played for over a year! I've got almost everything I want and PW-Cryptic will give me a free C-Store credits to buy anything else I could want..... All for being smart and buying a lifetime during open beta!!
Better be a veritable Fort Knox of free credits, given how overpriced most of the C-Store is.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
there had better be some serious reimbursement for us lifetimers :mad
Oh no you're supposed to be pleased.

You still have access to everything you do now. The new model apparently means the players playing for free have less access to things such as possibly the foundry, featured episodes ect. For example, the c store will have its prices jacked up higher but you likely will get a stipend of points (say 400) a month which means if you want that new uber ship (like the gal-x) it will now be 3200 points instead of 2000. So you either play for more points or wait to save up enough. Yay!