Lt. Commander
# 31
09-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Frankly I am not shock that once again the klingon get left out. Not only do we have to wait till they decide to finaly give us a counter part to the dipolmatic system. We will then have to grind that up to access. So Maybe we get to do the final secttor if the doff system and maurder system rolls out as plan consider the track record on that so far. I doubt it. So we get to wait till what oct. Then grind. So maybe we can acess by dec or jan. Then maybe if we luckly the red alert will still be on if you can play 24/7 everyone else will be out luck.

Peronsaly I doubt it.
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
just for the record, there are also Red Alerts in the Omega Leonis Sectorblock, and if you are a FED and do not have maxed out your DXP, you can not get in there (just if someone spams diplomatic immunity at you, which of course is unlikely to happen in the exact time when a Red Alert is actually active in there...)

so 4 of my 5 FED's will not get in there... not any time soon ;P
That what friends and fleet are fore. Beside the buff last and hour.
Lt. Commander
# 33
09-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
KDF but...not Klingon.
I must know!
Lt. Commander
# 34
09-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six-of-Nine
I must know!
I wonder if he's referring to those kinda ships with a big empty square in the middle of them...the kind that the Feddies are always after...what are they called again?

IIRC, LCDR and Capt rank were supposed to be the next releases...similar ships too.
Lt. Commander
# 35
09-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO
Frankly I am not shock that once again the klingon get left out. Not only do we have to wait till they decide to finaly give us a counter part to the dipolmatic system. We will then have to grind that up to access. So Maybe we get to do the final secttor if the doff system and maurder system rolls out as plan consider the track record on that so far. I doubt it. So we get to wait till what oct. Then grind. So maybe we can acess by dec or jan. Then maybe if we luckly the red alert will still be on if you can play 24/7 everyone else will be out luck.

Peronsaly I doubt it.
The KDF isn't left out.
There are just sectors they can't access for now.
Lt. Commander
# 36
09-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Quote:
KDF but...not Klingon.
Oh please tell me we are not talking about the new KDF flagship. If it is not a Klingon ship, I'll have lost faith in Cpt. Logan
Lt. Commander
# 37
09-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
it will take most people a couple of months to get the others anyway.
You are kidding arent you? Just got all the others full on my KDF AFTER I got all full on my fed. So when I can do that in a few hours with 2 characters, theyd have to be eigther unintrestet or prety dump to need month for that. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavek View Post
Then why not give a slight modification to Grant Diplomatic Immunity ability, so that Federation players who cast it on Klingons make them capable of entering Sirius Sector Block? This could be just a temporary solution, before duty officer system is implemented. And if anything, it will reduce the amount of complaints from Klingon players.
It would be IMO much more fitting if it would work the other way arround in the first place: KLingons can give Feds access to their space, Feds can give Klingons access.... instead of both inviting themselfes..

Quote:
The problem with this is getting players back out of that sector when the Marauding restrictions go live. Most sector blocks can have DSEs appear, but this does mean that until the Marauding system goes live there is an unfortunate unbalance in access.
Well the there shouldnt be Red alerts in serius or they shouldnt be part of the veteran accolade... at leats not for Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 38
09-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Sorry...yes, until the duty officer system goes up, there is no way to rank up Marauding, and thus no way to gain access to the Sirius sector block as a Klingon.

The message is an unfortunate side effect of opening up sectors to the Klingons before we have been able to roll out the duty officer system with the attendant commendation xp system.
Did you ever think nof... oh I don;t know... WAITING to launch a feature that EVERYONE is supposed to be able to come together and participate in regardless of faction, until both factions could actually do it?
Lt. Commander
# 39
09-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Oh please tell me we are not talking about the new KDF flagship. If it is not a Klingon ship, I'll have lost faith in Cpt. Logan
No, the ships being worked on are a set of lower-tier non-Klingon KDF ships - Orion, Nausicaan and Gorn, two each. The Gorn ships being worked on are science vessels (unsurprisingly), whereas the Orion ships are light carriers, and the Nausicaan ships are closer to Raptors, though they have their differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
Did you ever think nof... oh I don;t know... WAITING to launch a feature that EVERYONE is supposed to be able to come together and participate in regardless of faction, until both factions could actually do it?
The feature is accessible by both factions; DSEs happen in many more sector blocks than just the Sirius sector. There are a large number of moving pieces in rolling out everything that we want to; sometimes compromises have to be made for a large array of reasons.
Lt. Commander
# 40
09-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Quote:
No, the ships being worked on are a set of lower-tier non-Klingon KDF ships - Orion, Nausicaan and Gorn, two each. The Gorn ships being worked on are science vessels (unsurprisingly), whereas the Orion ships are light carriers, and the Nausicaan ships are closer to Raptors, though they have their differences.

The feature is accessible by both factions; DSEs happen in many more sector blocks than just the Sirius sector. There are a large number of moving pieces in rolling out everything that we want to; sometimes compromises have to be made for a large array of reasons.
Oh! A dev! HOLODECK CRASHED! CAN'T LOG IN! STUPID MAP SERVER! HHEEELLLPPPPP!!!!