Lt. Commander
Hi all, I havent played in a year due to lack of monies. One of my favorite things back in the day was melee combat on my klingon. Biggest problem back then though was that rifle butting was very broken. You could stun lock someone indefinitely with rifle butting, which made melee useless against "skilled" players. So my question is, has that issue been adressed or is it still just as bad. And is melee in generall any good these days?
`
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwarmOfKlingons
Hi all, I havent played in a year due to lack of monies. One of my favorite things back in the day was melee combat on my klingon. Biggest problem back then though was that rifle butting was very broken. You could stun lock someone indefinitely with rifle butting, which made melee useless against "skilled" players. So my question is, has that issue been adressed or is it still just as bad. And is melee in generall any good these days?
`
Short answer no.

Longer answer they buffed range and nerfed melee.

Longerer answer S.D. Hypospray nerfed w/cool down. Stun grenades effects broken on 1st attack. Life, shields lower while range weapons' damage way up. Shields absorb 1/2 melee damage now.

One good thing they did add 2 more weapons. The Lirpa and the a couple of swords (the swords just have different visuals from one another). I'd recommend trying out the sword and learning it's combos (it does less dps than purple batleths, but is faster, you can "lunge" on the 1st attack despite being routed, and has a jumping exploit finishing move which does a small AoE should you be able to finish the 3 hit combo).

Lastly, rifle butts now have a expose/exploit chain (not really a combo as it's just using the 3 key 3x) ...