Lt. Commander
# 11
09-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck View Post
So they are making it so that only 5 ships can enter a single encounter.
Since that will up the difficulty, how is it a nerf? Sounds more like a buff to me. If it weren't actually a bugfix, that is...
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-02-2011, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Since that will up the difficulty, how is it a nerf? Sounds more like a buff to me. If it weren't actually a bugfix, that is...
In some peoples minds "change" and "nerf" are synonyms.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-02-2011, 02:54 AM
Well I think I am minority here as I think the better solution should have been to up the boss ship for 20+ people.

Why?

Well at the moment it feels like FLEET action, that the Starfleet and Klingons are throwing everything they have at the Borg, and it is more in line what the Borg battles where in the TNG series or in the First Contact movie.

When it goes down to five players, it's just another "oh there is Big Scary Borg ship coming we are sending you and 4 others there to stop them, while rest of the Starfleet goes for coffee break."

And I have to say I facepalmed at when I saw "Oh hey these Borg Intercepts net you extra XP ISN't THAT NICE!" announcement, Like this game you had any difficulties of getting XP.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-02-2011, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talas1031
So you'd rather go in with 20+ people and outlevel and eventually faceroll the encounter?

No thanks, I'd rather go in with 4 people and coordinate attacks and actually use my bridge officer abilities instead of mashing the spacebar with my tongue.

They're the BORG, it's about time we started taking them seriously. I should get my *** handed to me.
No, I'd rather see the zone be level appropriate and difficult.

They shouldn't resort to gimping us to make things more challenging.....
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-02-2011, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taifuuni
Well I think I am minority here as I think the better solution should have been to up the boss ship for 20+ people.

Why?

Well at the moment it feels like FLEET action, that the Starfleet and Klingons are throwing everything they have at the Borg, and it is more in line what the Borg battles where in the TNG series or in the First Contact movie.

When it goes down to five players, it's just another "oh there is Big Scary Borg ship coming we are sending you and 4 others there to stop them, while rest of the Starfleet goes for coffee break."

And I have to say I facepalmed at when I saw "Oh hey these Borg Intercepts net you extra XP ISN't THAT NICE!" announcement, Like this game you had any difficulties of getting XP.
the problem is the same with fleet actions. eventually the novelty will wear off and less people will play them, then they will become impossible to complete if you need 15-20 people.

yes its cool right now, but it wont be for long when you cant get the people together.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-02-2011, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck View Post
So they are making it so that only 5 ships can enter a single encounter. They also have it currently that teams are broken up so you can no longer garauntee 5 Vice Admirals in a single instance. Also VAs will be brought down to lvl 45 in all of the sectors where the borg are at lvl 45. This is so wrong. Borg cubes are hard to kill at every level. Being +6 to the borg boss isnt an advantage especially when there is only 5 ships. Cyrptic can never take the middle road they always have to go to the extremes. And this extreme makes the encounters impossible.
So I get a random team. 1 VA and 4 Cmdrs=Encounter Failed. This is not right. The developers have taken things too far once again. I like a good challenge but I dont like impossible. Once I was seeing the changes in the game with only 5 ships; I did 3 borg encounters and failed all 3 in the time alotted because my random team couldnt defeat the boss in time.
This is wrong and they should at least raise the cap to 10 ships or give us more time. And they need to fix the team issue so I can go in my team mates so i dont have to rely on lt cmdrs.

PLEASE Cryptic I beg you to correct this. Impossible isnt fun.
Huh?

I havent failed a single encounter sofar, infact it was so easy it was actually possible to do 3 encounters in the same RA (clear 4 groups, kill boss, warp out, retake RA, clear 4 groups, kill boss)

I was in a team with 3 lowbies, and I cleared two of the groups solo (both had 1 Cube, 3 Spheres and 2? Probes) - It took a little longer, but the cube went down like 3 volleys after I decloaked (VA Defiant)..

Please, increase the difficulty.. Currently any decent group can complete it in less than 5 minutes.. No more faceroll, handheld PvE, like the autocomplete that was added because people was incapable of flying their ship through GIANT rings orbitting a planet..
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-02-2011, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Huh?

I havent failed a single encounter sofar, infact it was so easy it was actually possible to do 3 encounters in the same RA (clear 4 groups, kill boss, warp out, retake RA, clear 4 groups, kill boss)

I was in a team with 3 lowbies, and I cleared two of the groups solo (both had 1 Cube, 3 Spheres and 2? Probes) - It took a little longer, but the cube went down like 3 volleys after I decloaked (VA Defiant)..

Please, increase the difficulty.. Currently any decent group can complete it in less than 5 minutes.. No more faceroll, handheld PvE, like the autocomplete that was added because people was incapable of flying their ship through GIANT rings orbitting a planet..
Reducing our lvls for the encounters won't make things more difficult, just increase the time needed. The only way to increase the difficulty is to make the enemies more intelligent and give them more abilities to use.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-02-2011, 05:36 AM
Crap I missed the Born event was bussy chasing Borgs.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-02-2011, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
Reducing our lvls for the encounters won't make things more difficult, just increase the time needed. The only way to increase the difficulty is to make the enemies more intelligent and give them more abilities to use.
finally someone who gets it. Adding more health and dmg to enemies dont make them more challenging just a pain to kill very diffrent in my book. Knocking us down 6 lvls wont change the fact that borg dont use cutting beams or gravimetric torpedos. Some of their hallmark weapons.

New weapons like those would make it more challenging because of the diffrent tactics you would have to use. Cutting beams ripping through hull and draining your crew at same time. Gravimetric torpedos causing gravity wells to crowd controll your team would lead to using diffrent tactics and keeping an eye on your speed.

The new visual and audio updates make it feel MUCH more startrek but so does the fact that 20 people or even 10 people make it feel like a real battle. The borg are INVADING not vactioning in the federation you wouldnt hold back your forces in this case you would nail them head on to hold ground while you come up with a stratigy.

Normally youd fall back and make the enemy take time advancing while saving your forces for counter attack. but borg assimilate meaning the more ground you give up the stronger your enemy becomes. Federation couldnt possibly repel a borg force if it assimilated a lot of its territory.

Im fine with making borg scale and players scale to same level, but i think they should leave the ability for atleast 20 people to join the same RA. Just make the number of borg needed to summon the B'ger go up by 2 for every 5 people past the first 5. So if 5 people are in its the normal 4 groups, if its 20 people its 10 groups. And for the love of god give the borg the cutting beams and torpedos already they were in the show.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-02-2011, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talas1031
So you'd rather go in with 20+ people and outlevel and eventually faceroll the encounter?
It's the Borg. All available ships should be sent to the fight. That's starfleet's typical response to a borg threat. As seen in shows and movies.

Quote:
They're the BORG, it's about time we started taking them seriously. I should get my *** handed to me.
They're the BORG, it's about time Starfleet should send more than just 5 tiny ships at them.