Lt. Commander
# 21
09-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Yes 20 ships steamroll the event. I didnt say I wanted 20 ships. But 10 would certainly be adequate. and if you actually read all of my post you would understand why I am asking for 10.

I said that I did 3 encounters with only 5 ships each last night. I failed all three. I tried getting in with my team and it split us up. So I was getting stuck with lower level ships. Yes they get boosted to lvl 45 but their lack of weapons makes it much harder. Also I found out at the same time that some of my fleet members were experiencing the same problem. In total my fleet and I did 8 encounters within an hour and failed 6 of them. Thats not very good odds.

I dont want to play something that i am going to fail 75% of the time. They need to find a balance. It should be passable 100% of the time. But if they find the right balance then destroying the Unimatrix ship and the 4 borg groups should take most of the time.

I do acknowledge that with 5 VAs it is still possible to roll through the encounter pretty easily. But there is no way to guarantee that. And since they are 5x the Skill Points of normal encounters we are going to see a lot of lower level ships in the encounters.

Think of it this way: If 5 Lt CMdr ships get shoved into the same instance they will never pass it in the 15 mins allotted. Without at least 1 VA they have no chance even with 1 VA they are going to fail 75% of the time as my fleet experienced last night.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taifuuni
Well I think I am minority here as I think the better solution should have been to up the boss ship for 20+ people.

Why?

Well at the moment it feels like FLEET action, that the Starfleet and Klingons are throwing everything they have at the Borg, and it is more in line what the Borg battles where in the TNG series or in the First Contact movie.

When it goes down to five players, it's just another "oh there is Big Scary Borg ship coming we are sending you and 4 others there to stop them, while rest of the Starfleet goes for coffee break."

And I have to say I facepalmed at when I saw "Oh hey these Borg Intercepts net you extra XP ISN't THAT NICE!" announcement, Like this game you had any difficulties of getting XP.
I like this guys proposal and add more groups required to spawn the boss. That is a fair compromise.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-02-2011, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutunto
Crap I missed the Born event was bussy chasing Borgs.
... the sweedish are comming...
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck View Post
I like this guys proposal and add more groups required to spawn the boss. That is a fair compromise.
for that to work and be challenging .. they would need to seriously up level the encounter
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-02-2011, 08:12 AM
Ok I will NOT be doing these anymore. Just pure BS if they don't want to give the VA and Lt. Gen. population a fair shake then I do not see a point to even do these anymore if I am going to be busted down to some level 45. If the lower levels don't like that then maybe they should actually make different instances for all of them and not make them at a set level.

The 5 player limit is another thing that doesn't really bug me. But it does take away the realistic sense of an actual fleet of our own. Borg Cubes are always hard to kill even at VA and if you want to limit the number of people in them and reduce the sense of purpose of these into just a mini deep space fleet action. Then by all means do what you will. I won't be using My Vice Admirals or even my URA for these no point if I am going to be busted down and made weaker, that is just garbage.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-02-2011, 08:14 AM
I think its for the better you guys. Seriously we took out that Unimatrix thing in 20 seconds if not less... Its ludicrous. It should be much more challenging then this.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-02-2011, 08:15 AM
It doesn't bug you until you end up with a Cmd. Nebula and 2 Stargazers on your team... No chance left there...
Or even funnier an Oberth and a Constitution, talk about fun there, huh?
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
I think its for the better you guys. Seriously we took out that Unimatrix thing in 20 seconds if not less... Its ludicrous. It should be much more challenging then this.
Then they should make that vessel stronger than it is instead of busting the VA and Lt. Gen. in the crotch with being busted down. Why would the maxed out toons even bother playing them if they are going to be reduced to level 45 for these events. Their nerfing is ludicrous.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-02-2011, 08:29 AM
I'd like to see a more "adaptive" system for that.
I did those things a lot yesterdayand it was a peace of cake all the times. But I was usually in there with VAs.

I hear its much harder for/with low levels, some say too hard.
And I believe that, I mean... a Miranda with a player buffed to lvl 45 isstill not en par with a souvereign.

So beside the basic need to rebalance those things a litle, the group sizes should match the basic level of the players inside.
5 VA "spots" as a basic, but instead of 1 va it also could be 5 mirandas or 4 t2 ships, or 3 t3 ships or 2 t4.. may be not exactly those numbers but something like that.

This would keep the feeling of a big fleet, this would help to balance it and allow playing together with players of low levels without that understanable but prety agressive "oh no get that f***** lowlevel noop out of my instance" reaction i've seen a lot yesterday
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-02-2011, 08:30 AM
The experience overall IMO, should be bigger and badder. The Borg should scale to the number of ships sent against them. I was actually hoping to get my entire fleet into these events. But now we're being told that they break up groups, and only 5 per instance? I'm sorry, but that's crap. :/

I have a guild of 20+ people who want to do things together, but this crap of being broken up sort of makes that impossible. wtf, devs :/