Lt. Commander
Since season 4 I'm having a problem getting my captain to shoot stuff on the ground. Maybe I'm just being super dumb, but I've tried everything like pressing '1', mouse (left) clicking the hotbar icon for primary weapon attack, etc., and I can't seem to reliably get him to just start shooting the thing he's targeting when I want him to. So far the only thing that works (sometimes) is double clicking (left button) on the target mob, at which point he'll shoot once, and then (sometimes) he will keep shooting.

My settings: I am playing in RPG mode. I have the 'auto-attack' set to 'Toggle, never cancel,' and both my primary and secondary attacks are set to auto-fire (both highlighted green on the hotbar). If I can get him to open fire one time, then generally he'll keep shooting at new targets as they come into range due to the auto-attack setting, but in anything other than 'Toggle, never cancel,' I can't get him to actually engage in fights in any predictable way.

I know that with season 4 the ranges of some weapons also changed, but I still seem to have problems with this when I'm right on top of the mobs. I've been using the shotgun and minigun weapons since the season 4 changes, on both captain and BOFFs, and the results seem the same with both.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-02-2011, 07:52 AM
Have you switched to the other mode to see if you have the same problem, I have noticed that sometimes when in range my range seems to disconnect in and out due to interference with objects walls etc specially when I go to C position, so maybe just interference or some settings issues?
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-02-2011, 08:29 AM
I'm a VA and i've been noticing the same problem. I click the fire button...he acts like he's going to fire and the cool down starts but visually nothing is happening and I don't think he takes any damage either. I'll have to log in and file a bug report about it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-02-2011, 09:44 AM
maybe something got glitched up have you tried setting your keybinds back to default?
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adml_shake View Post
I'm a VA and i've been noticing the same problem. I click the fire button...he acts like he's going to fire and the cool down starts but visually nothing is happening and I don't think he takes any damage either. I'll have to log in and file a bug report about it.
I have been noticing the same problem, and I was going to post a ticket.

The animation and cool down proc, but that is it. I finally was able to confirm this last night when I was playing the big dig. I got separated from my group, and I attacked a Romulan. After repeatedly pressing the fire button and watching my character do his shoot animation and the cooldown timer run with no actual beam being emitted, I watched to see if the Romulan enemy took any damage regardless of the beam effect. He did not take any. He only took damage when the beam fired. I actually died by him because my characters phaser would not fire 80% of the time in that encounter.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'll try a couple of the suggestions like resetting keybinds and toggling shooter mode (haven't tried shooter mode yet at all, tbh).
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-03-2011, 07:18 AM
I've noticed odd behavior with ground auto attack.

I tend to use 'Toggle Non-combat cancels'

Problem being, it seems the game won't let me fire to 'initiate' combat.
I have to do something else to get into combat mode before it'll let me fire. Such as activate a skill, not so bad on my tac as I usually buff up before opening on the enemy anyway...
But can be problematic on characters with healer kits equipped.

It could be something to do with how the game is handling combat/non-combat, or possibly how the autofire is setup.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-03-2011, 09:23 AM
I noticed this problem too, but only in RPG mode with pulsewave weapons. The primary attack does not seem to work, but the secondary attack does.

Both attacks seem to work in shooter mode.

I have'nt had this problem with other weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psilar8 View Post
I noticed this problem too, but only in RPG mode with pulsewave weapons. The primary attack does not seem to work, but the secondary attack does.
Interesting. I've been using mostly the shotgun (pulsewave). I'll try with the minigun and see if that helps as well.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Again!!!
12-11-2011, 02:28 AM
I have had this problem before but now I have this problem in the level: Minefield - Precious Cargo. I find that several seconds into the level, my captain looses all control over any of the weapons (1-0,A1-A0,C1-C0, all of them) and I cannot do a thing about it.

I exited the level and started the whole mission again, and when I get to this level... again it happens, perhaps a few seconds earlier this time though.