Lt. Commander
# 11
09-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Oh you said seriously, so I guess I'll ... no wait. Bjo didn't take no for answer when a TV Network told Trek fans no way back when. Why should I?
Start a hand-written petition then. Go to your neighbors, you friends, you family, have them sign it. Then start a real world campain, visit the conventions and such spreading your word and getting more signatures. Sig up for petitions online and spread them unobtrusively, gaining more signatures. Make contacts with the companies, open dialogues...

I doubt Bjo and John would have resorted to discussion hijacking and other "hostile" activities to get their points made.

To compare your "efforts" to theirs is a huge dishonor just as the hostility shown to you by others is as well.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
A nice series of historical articles over at Startrek.com.

I have had a starship named for this lady since STO was born. I can't ever show enough appreciation for those passionate fans who came before me. Thank you, Bjo!
Indeed, many thanks to the Trimbles and all the fans who joined them and helped to make their campaign a success!

/salute
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-02-2011, 08:49 PM
I did feel the entire interview captured a significant image of how passionate Trek fandom really was and still is. This forum is amongst the most current incarnations of that passion. While we consider the application of the Rule of One Thousand let's remember Bjo's final reply of the interview?
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
Start a hand-written petition then.
The day of hand-written petitions has, sadly, passed us by.

Quote:
I doubt Bjo and John would have resorted to discussion hijacking and other "hostile" activities to get their points made.
I haven't hi-jacked anything. Nor have I done anything hostile. In fact, the only hostility in this thread was the hostility visited upon me.

Quote:
To compare your "efforts" to theirs is a huge dishonor.
What efforts? You seem to be lacking the context here. I'll recap, Rhodes85 made an extremely baseless accusation about me. So I responded to it. That's it. Nothing more.

If you look at the accusation and then look at my posting history, I think you'll see how baseless the accusation is. It was, however, an extremely hostile attack. Why not make your commentary about dishonor to Rhodes85?
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Parhaps I was a bit rough, in any-case, my apologies. I don't mind the interjection of a continued plea in threads on a similar topic to the plea. It's when it is done in a thread that isn't even remotely connected to the plea topic that it gets on my nerves, as well.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-02-2011, 09:51 PM
It's cool. I'm a pretty big fan of TOS and thus am a pretty big fan of the work that Bjo did. It really was a pioneering move that helped showcase a fanbase/community that expanded beyond what network television was used to back then.

I made what I thought was an ironic, yet goofy comment. Then Rhodes jumped all over me and accused me of things I wasn't doing.

Carry on with the topic as it was meant to be.