Lt. Commander
# 1 "Tags" For Missions
09-03-2011, 03:25 PM
There have been many good suggestions I have seen regarding updating the in-game library UI for obtaining Foundry missions. The main problem I found today when I decided to spend some time trying out and reviewing some new missions is just how easy it is for the 'real' missions people have put a lot of time and effort into get lost in a sea of 'Use this Console', 'Nausicaan Grinder' and 'For XYZ Fleet only' type missions that appear in the review content section. I ended up just looking on these forums to find some to play, which is limiting for people who don't promote their missions here.

I think a good feature to have in an updated UI would be allow Foundry authors the option to add specific tags in their missions so people can filter;
  • by type. (eg. "Combat only", "Space only", "Story based" etc.)
  • by starting location or sector block.
  • by enemies. (for the accolade hunters)
  • by length. (perhaps could even automate this like the average wait in the queue system)
We already see the foundry community doing this with the icons people put on their mission banners and the category-based listings at Starbase UGC for example, so I think it is something people would buy in to.

Of course it is difficult to create any system which isn't abused by some, but hopefully the review system in place already would to some extent help prevent say a console to complete ranking highly in a 'Story based" filter for example.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-04-2011, 02:44 PM
I think this is a great idea. Would really help on finding the sort of mission you are hunting for, and help us authors target the audience we want with the type of mission as well.