Lt. Commander
# 1 Skin-appropriate MVAM pets?
09-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Hey all.

Just wondering if/when we are going to see skin appropriate MVAM pets. The Phoenix, Cerberus and Hephaestus classes all look great, but when they split up it goes back to the Prometheus model.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-02-2011, 12:23 PM
No doubt that it's low priority right now. My guess is, considering how long this has remained ignored by Cryptic, it'll probably continue to stay ignored for a good while, at least until there's less on Cryptic's development schedule to allow this issue to be looked at.

I use an MVAM console, and it would be nice to have the sections match based on how we've customized our ship, in addition to keeping visuals from various equipment set pieces to stay on their respective sections.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-02-2011, 12:44 PM
The Prometheus class I have with my main, her main ship, is a mix and match of all four of those designs and her MVAM mode even indicates that - USS Shore-F MVAM Mode ~ http://reinahw.deviantart.com/#/d47qb0q

Althrough it looks like the bottom section reverts to the Prometheus design when reconnecting, odd.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
...when they split up it goes back to the Prometheus model.

Only during the actual animation. WHILE split, they match your costume changes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-06-2011, 12:06 AM
While less of a noticeable thing: The Galaxy-R does this as well. I have mine customized as a Monarch class, but whenever I separate the saucer, all visuals cease; when the saucer returns, it is the Galaxy saucer until fully reconnected.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-06-2011, 12:40 AM
It's a technical limitation, not a bug per se.

Too lazy to dig it up, but they've said at least once that this is simply a shortcoming of the technology. At the moment there's nothing they can do about it, but the possibility of the tech being improved upon later exists, so eventually this could be "fixed".