Lt. Commander
# 41
09-06-2011, 11:23 AM
- What will the LTA stippend be?
STO's C-Store Items seem more expensive than the ones in CO's... i hope it's a bit more than 400?

- Was there any talk of the Tier x.5 Ships to be free for Subscribers but C-Store Items for F2P-Players?
I think that is the perfect example where the line should be drawn between subscription content and F2P-Items.
(there has to be some incentive to subscribe after all, i'd call more Ships a good one.)

- Will we get a new Homepage / Forum from Perfect World, or will we keep the default Atari Layout (for example TDU2 Forum and Homepage use pretty much the same look, just other pictures.)
- for that matter will a france + german forum return to the Forum?
at least one general Forum and one for Player to Player Support would be needed (no need for 20 sub forums)

- Will there be proper german / france etc. translations for the game once F2P hits?
-> that would be kind of important for the *second first impression* in other countries.
in the STOGerman chat channel there is daily talk about the unfinished translation.

- In that Conference Call that leaked the info about F2P, there was a line about bringing Cryptic games to Asia,
will you still use the US Server for that?
Any talk about an EU Server for that matter?
...i like beeing able to play with everyone
...but i'd also like a good ping to the server very much
Lt. Commander
# 42
09-06-2011, 11:28 AM
A bit underwhelming to be honest - I feel Champions Gold members get a much better deal at the minute, but that's partly due to how much of STO was already being sold via C-Store.

Thoughts and requests?

Klingon Play - now I can't see why this has been moved to unlock at 25 anyway, but surely paid players should be able to unlock it at 6 like they can now? That seems a bit crazy.

Classes - Lock silver classes to their corresponding class - ala archetypes in Champions. Leave the freedom of build to those of us who pay each month.

Default Species - perhaps limit to founding members tor silver - Human, Vulcan, Andorian (not tellarite as that's already pay to play) this would give a more realistic view of what's in Star Trek too as a bonus)

Character slots - an extra slot for paid players would not hurt at all. Gold subscribers in champions get 8, silvers get 2. We get 3/2 - that seems broken in relative value.

Bridge officer slots - sure.

Inventory - fine.

Retrain tokens - again fine.

Foundry limits - good - a nice limit for non paying.

Stipend of course nice, would be great to call it a round 500 though

Just my two cents - I just feel that there's little reason to subscribe over free.
Lt. Commander
# 43
09-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Q: Will there be any changes to the C-Store now that STO is going free-to-play?Top

Yes. We'll be reviewing the content and prices of goods on offer in the C-store. This includes prices for ships at all tiers. There are currently no plans to increase the price of any premium ship. For now, we know that some previously purchasable playable species will soon be free (Ferengi, Rigelian, Pakled, Tellarite), and others (Liberated Borg, Joined Trill, Federation Klingons) will be earned through other means. If you have already unlocked access to any C-store items, including playable species, you will retain that access in the free-to-play transition.
- And what about players who bought some species already??
- Can i get a refund on that?
Lt. Commander
# 44
09-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Will my CO stipend points go into a cross-game pool with my STO stipend points or will I still be forced to spend them only in one game or the other?
They answered that one long ago on Champions. There are 3 types of points: CO points, STO points, and c-store points. You can use stipened or future reward points in either game only for that game, but C-store points can be used in either.

Too answer the other question ppl may have, when you spend points and you have both types, it pulls from the game-specific points first.
Lt. Commander
# 45
09-06-2011, 11:33 AM
1. Why is the KDF Faction being level locked, as in a detailed answer, not a short sweet one for the FAQ

2. Are these "Promotion Points" Cryptic points, if not, why not?

3. The Gold Character slot count is being decreased, will we lose a character? why is it being lowered instead of increasing?

4. Why the shift from every 100 day vet rewards to now 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 750, 1000 when:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
There will be 600 Day Vet Rewards available on or around Sept 9. I dont' have all the details but it is a new title (Magnificent) along with a few freebie items.
5. With the Captains table now becoming a Lifer and Veteren Payer only zone, will we see actual use given to it?

6. What will happen to low level KDF Ships?

7. Will foundry author gold members be able to purchase more slots?

8. Will foundry authors who go silver still be able to edit their current missions that have been published, or at least be able to take them down?

9. Explain unlimited customer service

10. Why are a number of small things (character slots, costume slots) basicly the same between the two styles here on STO, while in CO, they are vastly different? In CO Gold get 8 character slots, silver gets 2. In STO Gold gets 3, Silver gets 2?

11. Will we gain the ability to create custom career tracks like CO has custom Archetypes? For example, creating a true Combat Engineer, or Combat Medic by combining tactical and science or tactical and engineering skills?
Lt. Commander
# 46
09-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
- What will the LTA stippend be?
STO's C-Store Items seem more expensive than the ones in CO's... i hope it's a bit more than 400?
Depends on what you look at. character slots are hella cheaper in STO.
I think costume slots were cheaper too, but I don't remember.
Lt. Commander
# 47
09-06-2011, 11:36 AM
I have a couple of questions on this part of the Q&A of F2P:

Quote:
"Q: Will there be any changes to the C-Store now that STO is going free-to-play?Top

Yes. We'll be reviewing the content and prices of goods on offer in the C-store. This includes prices for ships at all tiers. There are currently no plans to increase the price of any premium ship. For now, we know that some previously purchasable playable species will soon be free (Ferengi, Rigelian, Pakled, Tellarite), and others (Liberated Borg, Joined Trill, Federation Klingons) will be earned through other means. If you have already unlocked access to any C-store items, including playable species, you will retain that access in the free-to-play transition."
1) Does this mean that the Liberated Borg will become open to monthly subscribers and free? One of the high selling points for a lifetime subscription other then the fact of no more subscribtion fees is access to the Borg character.

2) If I bought the Ferengi, Klingon and Joined Trill species, since their obtained now by "other means" wouldn't this mean I lost money from buying these?

Furthermore, what is the difference in characters between a Gold and Silver membship? I keep reading that for players who are Gold members that go down to silver must convert the character and cannot use Gold member features, what are they?

And vet rewards, in the post it says the next Vet reward is 750 but, recently it was announced that a 600 day reward is comming this week so, what and when are the next vetern rewards?

Also I like to point out that 400 points is good but. that only pays for like a new uniform or two per month. Most teir 5 ships and other really cool stuff (ie ship interiors) are over 1200 points.
Lt. Commander
# 48
09-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Pre-Launch Lifetime subs offered +2 character slots. Guess we will keep them, right?
If so I recommend you add it to the faq and/or matrix.

PS: It was answered after I posted this. Yes, you keep them.
Lt. Commander
# 49 I won't be continuing F2P
09-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Here's why:

Quote:
Q: What effect will the Klingon Changes have on PvP?Top
Low level Klingon vs. Federation PvP queues will be temporarily removed. However, Federation vs. Federation PvP will still be possible. Klingon vs. Federation PvP will become available at the same rank that Klingons begin
Forget it. I have been here since beta and PvP continually gets screwed-up by Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 50
09-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
No, it doesn't.
I have 8 characters.
Gold limit is 3 by default.
I have purchased 4 more cgaracter slots.
Is my last character going to be deleted?
if you purchased those extra slots you will not loose them.