Lt. Commander
# 51
09-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperhamster View Post
They answered that one long ago on Champions. There are 3 types of points: CO points, STO points, and c-store points. You can use stipened or future reward points in either game only for that game, but C-store points can be used in either.

Too answer the other question ppl may have, when you spend points and you have both types, it pulls from the game-specific points first.
People keep telling me this but this answer was specifically given regarding stipend points in CO back when STO would NOT be f2p. Times and things have changed a great deal since then which means this question needs to be answered again as that previous answer has most likely changed.
Lt. Commander
# 52
09-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
1. Is this stipend going be the same as champions at 400? I think it should be higher since that 400 is less than 5.00 worth of tokens and you are paying 15.00 a month for subscription. Nice way for me to ask about this is because I know you guys mean well but if you look at it just from tokens perspective if the game is technically free to play and you are paying 15.00 a month thats 1200 worth of tokens so for a 2000 token ship would take you 5 months to get off stipends so instead of a ship like that costing you 20-25 dollars it is now actually costing you around 75-80 dollars. Honestly thought the CO format for subscription is just to get the fluff costumes and to avoid the annoying advertisements and I know you have to make money but I would suggest putting things into the STO F2P that are worth the money to spend on it.
I'm not following your logic at all. Free is free, it doesn't change the price of anything except to make it cheaper. Just because CO gives you more free doesn't actually make free any more or less valuable, it being, well... *free*.

It certainly doesn't make things that are *not* free more expensive, all it can do is make it cheaper - after all you get no free points for $15 now, vs those same $15 giving you 400 free points after. That makes any purchase you made this month cost 400 more points than it would after they start giving you free points.

BTW, 400 points is NOT less than $5.00, it's exactly $5.00 ($6.25 = 500 points, 80 points per $1 = 400 per $5), so I'm not sure what your point was to begin with...
Lt. Commander
# 53
09-06-2011, 12:26 PM
I would suggest that Dstahl not wait to start answering these questions in some big Answer post at a later date. I would suggest he spend a day, or so, answering them now and then simply compiling them for others to reference. That way all misconceptions can be cleared up before they get warped by the posts of the masses.
Lt. Commander
# 54
09-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Pfft, all this whining about the Klingons.

Look, this is what it says:

Klingons will not unlock until level 25, and those characters will start at level 25.

They currently are unlocked/start at 6, yes.

THIS WILL CHANGE.

The part about 'low fvk pvp queues will be temporarily removed.

What part of 'this is not a permanent change' don't you guys get?

It's quite simple, AFAICT- they're making these changes so that making a Klingon character and leveling him up is easier during the period of time that exists before they release additional Klingon faction content to make leveling from lower level (below 25) not such a ridiculous grind.

I don't know how you guys can see 'temporary' and think 'THIS IS FOREVER, IT'S RAGEQUITTING TIME!'
Lt. Commander
# 55
09-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Since I forgot it earlier

12. Where there be retroactive rewards for those of us faithful enough to keep subscribing up to the point where F2P starts and continue to do so now that F2P has been given?
Lt. Commander
# 56
09-06-2011, 12:40 PM
can you clarify the bo slots on the matrix. Its says that gold get 2 additional bo slots per rank and silver donít get any. I can read that as gold would get 2 more slots per rank then we get now and sliver would just the standard amount of slots we get now.

if the upper version is right would this then mean current toons we at va1 now would retroactively get more slots when the game goes f2p?

I can also read it like gold accounts get the same amount of boís while ranking up we get now, because I canít remember how many we get by va. While silver account would get no more bo slots beyond 3 they got in the tutorial without paying for them.
Lt. Commander
# 57
09-06-2011, 12:44 PM
It seems to me from the wording that all existing Klingons will get a level bump to 25 (probably similar to how everyone was bumped during beta when the entry point was level 10), and that low-level PvP will return once they have the Klingons fleshed out enough to make them viable as a fully playable race. Could be wrong, but that's how it sounds to me.
Lt. Commander
# 58
09-06-2011, 12:54 PM
So I took a look at the F2P FAQ's, and I have a couple questions, concerns, and general comments...

1) The KDF faction unlocking at level 25 at the release of F2P is I assume to, resolve, the issue they have of non-pvp story related missions, until it is actually resolved with the addition of more story content, at which time that unlock level will lower again, maybe yes? maybe no?

2) Will there be a possibility of 'custom' classes? i.e. you can choose 'Custom Class' and theoretically put points into any of the three classes skills? Or maybe have a choice of two of the three?

3) It says Premium Playable Species are Unlockable, not specifically Purchasable, does this mean that there is or might be a plan to earn them in-game, other than grinding dilithium to convert to c-points, or whatever schema you have set up for that currently?

4) Only 1 extra character slot for monthly and lifetime subbers? I think 3 extra, minimum would be appropriate, since that's what you currently give subscribers IIRC, 5 by default.

5) The additional Bridge Officer Slots section seems a little, bland in description for what that means for non-subbers, they'll only get 4 BO's if/when they hit VA?

6) The help callout for the Veteran Rewards doesn't mention a 600 day reward, is that being axed/moved to 750?

7) The Limited and Unlimited Customer Service difference isn't one at the moment as far as I know, is there a plan for that thanks to PW funds? Will we actually have a CS group we can utilize?

8) Will the Captain's Table get some love out of this? As in will become a more, exclusive and usable, hangout once again? i.e full sets of vendors, tailors, other Spacedock amenities?
Lt. Commander
# 59
09-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
Pfft, all this whining about the Klingons.

Look, this is what it says:

Klingons will not unlock until level 25, and those characters will start at level 25.

They currently are unlocked/start at 6, yes.

THIS WILL CHANGE.

The part about 'low fvk pvp queues will be temporarily removed.

What part of 'this is not a permanent change' don't you guys get?

It's quite simple, AFAICT- they're making these changes so that making a Klingon character and leveling him up is easier during the period of time that exists before they release additional Klingon faction content to make leveling from lower level (below 25) not such a ridiculous grind.

I don't know how you guys can see 'temporary' and think 'THIS IS FOREVER, IT'S RAGEQUITTING TIME!'
You can be condescending all you want, but I've learned not to make assumptions on behalf of Cryptic. I'm hoping the desire to release full-fledged content for the KDF means they are going to go back and make full content from level one and up, but they haven't said that is what they are going to do. I'd like them to answer what "full fledged" content means and when they plan on doing it. "At a later date" could mean season 5. It could also mean season 7 or later.

Personally, I had hoped they were going to announce that with F2P, they were going to release a new tutorial for both factions and allow new players to start as a member of the KDF at level one. I was hoping that would be part of the "great things" they planned on announcing this week. That would allow new players to come in and try out the KDF right off the bat instead of having to play a Federation player at all.

Instead, they have raised the bar on making new Klingon characters higher with the carrot of a later update that will flesh out the Klingon experience at some later date. At one point back in March, half the Dev team was working on Klingon content, or so they say. There were a bunch of things for Klingons coming that didn't get released and were instead temporarily postponed. Now it seems, once again, Klingon development has been pushed back. So, call me skeptical, but I find this announcement unsatisfying.
Lt. Commander
# 60
09-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Maybe someone that plays CO can answer this question:

Will i get the monthly stipend, regardless if i log in to play?
Say, real life has me not being allowed to play for 3 months.
In that three months, will 1200 C-Points have been added to my account or did i need to login monthly to collect the 400 monthly stipend?