Lt. Commander
# 1 Skills doesn't works
08-26-2011, 01:41 AM
I have this issue started yesterday when I played for the first time to STO (season4) with my new laptop asus G73Jw, I state that with my old laptop had no problem but I played with bad graphics.

the problem is that when I activate my skills, they are not always activated, even if they go on cooldown as if it were completely normal. This takes place both in and out of combat and above all with such skills like HY3 and BO3 that have a quick trigger time. while for other skills with a higher activation time as a tactical fleet, GDF, APomega, etc.. if i try to turn on one of these skills, just finished their cooldowns, it happens that the skill does not work and a cooldown of few seconds (3 to 5) back to me and then again be able to activate the same skills that this time works. .. this is all happening seemingly randomly, with an high frequency of about 50% ...

This makes me really nervous because I was for example in combat with an enemy nearly dead and I tried to activate BO3 HY3 and these, while going on cooldown, did not appear in my skill enabled and when I shot did not work .. . being a pvper if I can not resolve this issue I think could no longer play this way ..

soon as I can I'll make a video with fraps and I'll open a ticket, but if anyone can help me thank him in advance
I hope I was clear and I apologize because my English is not the best
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-26-2011, 01:59 AM
There are several issues/bugs that could be at work:
  1. It can happen that buffs are not shown despite being active.
  2. There seems to be an intentional required delay between power activations, so if you click too fast, some activations do not register.
  3. In addition to the above, sometimes a power will go on cooldown (typically only the system or global cooldown) but fail to activate.

There are no known work-arounds for most of this. Not sure how useful a video will be, but don'T hesitate to bombard them with tickets on it. :p

There are also a few powers that intentionally screw up your cooldowns, like Borg Boarding Party. But I assume that's not what you experienced.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-26-2011, 02:43 AM
thanks for reply

1_in my case buffs are not show and are not active (i can see if i shoot a BO or a normal beam for example)
2_both i use mouse or keybind i experienced the same problem
3_boarding party always die before approach my ship

well, if these problems happen 1 time every 100 clicks can be ok, but with my new pc the skills that i'm able to activate are about 1 every 2, with this frequency it's unplayable..
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-26-2011, 06:05 AM
i too have this issue from time to time, i click a power like BO and a 15 second cd starts how odd!!!

Lt. Commander
# 5
08-26-2011, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matcap View Post
thanks for reply

1_in my case buffs are not show and are not active (i can see if i shoot a BO or a normal beam for example)
2_both i use mouse or keybind i experienced the same problem
3_boarding party always die before approach my ship

well, if these problems happen 1 time every 100 clicks can be ok, but with my new pc the skills that i'm able to activate are about 1 every 2, with this frequency it's unplayable..
Borg boarding party is a little different - the Borg beam to you. But otherwise... Sounds like you are really suffering from the "power-not-activating" problem that creeps up constantly. Aside from complaining about it and pressing every button a dozen of times, there is not much to do.

I wonder if there is something that makes the behavior worse in PvP (or generally "many-player" combat situations, like STFs or Fleet Actions)?
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Try removing STO from your system and reinstalling it. You may have a corrupt .hogg file.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-26-2011, 11:58 AM
This sounds alot like the Tricobalt. Popping the ability puts it backt a 30 Second cooldown while the trico doesnt fire at all. So your total cooldown of this weapon is 50 + 30 :S
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-06-2011, 01:45 PM
I think you may be experiencing the Assimilate Ship thing... another one of those cheater powers that the Borg have. That will make your BOff powers go into 5 sec cooldown over and over again.

That along with the shield neutralizer really just make me mad.