Lt. Commander
# 91
09-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Will life time subscribers lose their unique liberated Borg captains once STO goes FTP? I have heard people mention that it will be placed in the C store as a species purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 92
09-06-2011, 07:10 PM
*The FAQ is subject to change*. This isn't written in stone. You guys need to quit getting huffy for no reason.
Lt. Commander
# 93
09-06-2011, 07:20 PM
What are the 'other means' by which the Liberated Borg will be available to players other than LTS?

Why is this part of the (originally limited-time) package deal, an enticing part at that, which was used to help sell lifetime subs, being made available to all? What happened to appreciating LTSers and showing that by giving us a unique race that reflects our large upfront payment and good faith? You're betraying that faith with your constant bait-and-switch tactics.
Lt. Commander
# 94
09-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Why is this part of the (originally limited-time) package deal, an enticing part at that, which was used to help sell lifetime subs, being made available to all? What happened to appreciating LTSers and showing that by giving us a unique race that reflects our large upfront payment and good faith? You're betraying that faith with your constant bait-and-switch tactics.
seriously, stop. lifers pay considerably LESS than subscribers in the long run. both pay but my money is as good as yours. you aren't entitled to any special treatment

and its interesting how people are flipping out about this yet its the same people who were fine with all those preorder and special unlocks from different versions of the game being added to the store
Lt. Commander
# 95
09-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
seriously, stop. lifers pay considerably LESS than subscribers in the long run. both pay but my money is as good as yours. you aren't entitled to any special treatment

and its interesting how people are flipping out about this yet its the same people who were fine with all those preorder and special unlocks from different versions of the game being added to the store

The difference is lifers paid upfront. Showing their backing, bringing the extra capital to cryptic to keep improving the game. We gave the large initial investment they needed, for some bright-and-shinies, and the knowledge that, in the long run, it would pay off (as long as the game didn't go belly up). You fence-sitters, er.. monthly subscribers, decided to pay as you go. If the game would've died early, no problem, you're only out $15 or $30. So there is a difference. We've both contributed to this game, but I and some others "invested" in it as well.

Also, how do you figure it's "considerably less"? Assuming a lifer bought their sub during beta for $250.00, that's 16 months of subscription. We're around 20 months now, so that would be a savings of $60.00. Well, I can tell you, I've spent at least twice that in the cstore, so again, we've both contributed to this game.
Lt. Commander
# 96
09-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Will I still have the option to purchase a lifetime subscription after the game goes F2P, or is that going away forever? There was no clarification on this point in the FAQ.
Lt. Commander
# 97
09-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra
Will I still have the option to purchase a lifetime subscription after the game goes F2P, or is that going away forever? There was no clarification on this point in the FAQ.

I have not seen anything official, and I don't work for cryptic or pw, but lifetime subs are still offered for CO and that's a cryptic game as well.
Lt. Commander
# 98
09-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post

Who is responsible for all of these terrible decisions of late? Dsthal? I seriously wish I never bought a LTS more than I ever have before!
What he said.

And how can one unload a lifetime account now with these paltry benefits to sub...um, "Gold" members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra
Why in the world would you want one? Offer to buy someones account that already is a LTS. I suspect that there will be a huge number of LTS players wanting to unload them now. Except for access to the foundry, there is little reason to buy a LTS or sub. 400 points as pointed out is only $5.00 U.S. worth of points. Not worth the $15 a month for a sub or the upfront cost of a LTS. And the foundry is a band aid for the lack of content in this game that offers little benefit for completing foundry missions. And now to cover the lack of content (except endgame) for the KDF its now unlocked a lvl 25 instead of fixing the real problem, lack of content, they cover it by cutting the KDF lvls in half almost. Awesome sauce!!
Lt. Commander
# 99
09-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Character Slots 3gold/2silver

What if we already have characters in excess of the the numbers given?
Will the already made characters be "Grandfathered in" when the transition happens?
yes i would like to know this too.
Lt. Commander
# 100
09-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
What are the 'other means' by which the Liberated Borg will be available to players other than LTS?

Not to mention the fact that this would add to the authenticity of the experience. Liberated Borg should be very rare.

I feel a bit jipped that the reasons I pre-ordered the game (to get these cool things like the liberated borg option) is not quite so special and limited time deal. But then again, they already have my money, so what can I do about it?