Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Hello, had an idea that im sure has been though about and or discussed by others but I think it is worth bringing up again, basically the current Negh'var minus the siege cannons seen in way of the warrior is driving me nuts. My idea is simple, since most klingon ship varients are probably going to be c-store im not going to bother beating a dead horse on that issue.

What I propose is to have a c-store and "available in other ways" varient of the classic Negh'var, think Galaxy-X but the Negh'var, with it of course the siege cannons found underneath would be added, and these would have a purpose, like the Galaxy-X has the phaser lance, the Negh'var varient would have some ability like siege disruptor or whatever name they'd like to call it which unleashes a heavy salvo of disruptor blasts from said siege cannons on a target, of course it would need a moderate cool down like the phaser lance.

What im suggesting is not a major overhall, but neither is the Galaxy-X, federation fans wanted it they got it, regardless of whether it was ACTUALLY used in anything other then an alternate timeline. With STO going F2P this is somthing id gladly pay a Galaxy-X equivalent in C-points for. As far as liscensing goes it shouldnt be too hard to get CBS approval specially since you already have a Negh'var in game, this would just be the proper Negh'var thats all So think about it cryptic, and what Klingons there are left feel free to chime in with your thoughts.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderKor
Hello, had an idea that im sure has been though about and or discussed by others but I think it is worth bringing up again, basically the current Negh'var minus the siege cannons seen in way of the warrior is driving me nuts. My idea is simple, since most klingon ship varients are probably going to be c-store im not going to bother beating a dead horse on that issue.

What I propose is to have a c-store and "available in other ways" varient of the classic Negh'var, think Galaxy-X but the Negh'var, with it of course the siege cannons found underneath would be added, and these would have a purpose, like the Galaxy-X has the phaser lance, the Negh'var varient would have some ability like siege disruptor or whatever name they'd like to call it which unleashes a heavy salvo of disruptor blasts from said siege cannons on a target, of course it would need a moderate cool down like the phaser lance.

What im suggesting is not a major overhall, but neither is the Galaxy-X, federation fans wanted it they got it, regardless of whether it was ACTUALLY used in anything other then an alternate timeline. With STO going F2P this is somthing id gladly pay a Galaxy-X equivalent in C-points for. As far as liscensing goes it shouldnt be too hard to get CBS approval specially since you already have a Negh'var in game, this would just be the proper Negh'var thats all So think about it cryptic, and what Klingons there are left feel free to chime in with your thoughts.
I was actually thinking about this the other day, I'd love to have an ability like this added to the neg'var...watches Cstore with anticipation...(thats how that works right?)
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafeism
I was actually thinking about this the other day, I'd love to have an ability like this added to the neg'var...watches Cstore with anticipation...(thats how that works right?)
Lol we can only dream, but CptLogan has been doing good work with the Klingon Skins when he gets time and resources, here's to hoping he sees this and thinks it's a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-07-2011, 02:24 AM
a negvar with those cannons always seemed like a perfect counterpart to the gal-X. adding those cannons at the expense of say, the third tactical console, would still leave the negvar vastly superior thanks to its much better turn rate.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-07-2011, 02:32 AM
I always considered the "siege cannons" to be just dual heavy cannons fireing rapid fire.
They just have.... obviously... the wrong hard points. But there are a lot of details wrong with the Negh'Va anyway....
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-07-2011, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
I always considered the "siege cannons" to be just dual heavy cannons fireing rapid fire.
They just have.... obviously... the wrong hard points. But there are a lot of details wrong with the Negh'Va anyway....
for some reason the in game ship is a replica of the all good things original, and not the updated model they used in DS9 with the cannons.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-07-2011, 04:43 AM
I would support this.
I would also suggest that this version's BOFF layout be something like this:
Commander Engineer, Lt. Engineer, Lt Commander Tactical, Ensign Tactical, Lt. Scinece.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-07-2011, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
for some reason the in game ship is a replica of the all good things original, and not the updated model they used in DS9 with the cannons.
It isn't a replica of the All Good Things model, it is missing many of that model's unique features. Its more like some kind of odd miss-match between the two different versions of the Negh'Var seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderKor
I think you're confusing Way of the Warrior with All Good Things, and for that reason a siege cannon isn't really appropriate for the Negh'Var.

The weapon you're thinking off fired from a spear-like object from the head of the Negh'Var, which was removed for the Way of the Warrior and End Game Negh'Var model.

Instead, the Way of the Warrior/End Game model had two large weapon pods hanging from under the ship's wings, which housed lots of torpedo launchers and disruptor beams/cannons. In Way of the Warrior, it is these weapon pods that disable DS9's shields temporarily, allowing boarding parties to beam aboard.

The STO Negh'Var is closer to the Way of the Warrior/End Game Negh'Var, as it should be, but is missing those weapon pods.

So if you want the Negh'Var to be made accurate, and to have a special skill, then instead of a siege cannon it should have the weapon pods added and be given some kind of weapon salvo ability that fires a stream of torpedos and disruptors from the pod.

This is a pic of the Way of the Warrior Negh'Var doing precisely this, and you can see what I am talking about with weapon pods vs siege cannon:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Var_attack.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-07-2011, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
Actually there are 3 Negh'Va variants, the "Way of the worrier"-one, the AGT-one and the Endgame one.

The ingame version fits none of the 3, it has elements of all but IS not one of them.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Actually there are 3 Negh'Va variants, the "Way of the worrier"-one, the AGT-one and the Endgame one.

The ingame version fits none of the 3, it has elements of all but IS not one of them.
The changes to the Negh'Var in end game are incredibly minor though. You could argue that they're just personal modifications made by that particular house, so regarding it as a 3rd variant is somewhat questionable.

Either way it is all somewhat moot since the only Negh'Var variant that should be considered is that seen in Way of the Warrior as it is the only Negh'Var that we have seen from the prime timeline.