Lt. Commander
# 1 Shipwide Uniform Option
09-07-2011, 09:26 AM
It seems the old thread died out, but I would love to be able to implement a shipwide costume set for the crewmembers aboard my ship. It wouldn't have to extravagant, maybe just a console in the captain's ready room that would let you choose a top and bottom.

It's kind of odd that my whole command crew is dressed in WoK uniforms but the rest of the crew is wearing the TNG-style outfits.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-07-2011, 11:21 AM
your crew is in TNG outfits? how?
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Hardy View Post
your crew is in TNG outfits? how?
I suppose one might technically say that anything from TNG onwards - DS9, Voyager, even STO's 2409 uniforms, is "TNG".

Most crew members wear the Antares uniform variants. Can't say Im a fan either.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-07-2011, 04:07 PM
oh... so you think he means that the uniforms first seen in "Star Trek: Countdown" are TNG? but that's just silly. it's like saying that Voyager is TNG... or DS9 is TNG... or the TNG Movies are OMP era... or TNG is Origional Series... when will the madness end!? *rolls around on the floor pulling hair out*
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Quote:
oh... so you think he means that the uniforms first seen in "Star Trek: Countdown" are TNG? but that's just silly. it's like saying that Voyager is TNG... or DS9 is TNG... or the TNG Movies are OMP era... or TNG is Origional Series... when will the madness end!? *rolls around on the floor pulling hair out*
No need to be snarky. It is generally accepted that Star Trek has three eras, and they are labelled "Enterprise", "TOS" and "TNG" with the latter covering ANY of The Next Generation and spinoff series.

Countdown was, in part, a spinoff of Nemesis, which was a TNG film. You can argue it however you like, but STO draws its immediate background from The Next Generation era.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-07-2011, 05:26 PM
I'll give you that... but I still wouldn't say it's TNG era... iTNG era would be the outfits worn on TNG... which is actually comprised of 2 basic uniforms... since it switched slightly early on... but still, even if that's the arguement, it's not true that anyone outside of created characters have TNG outfits in game... with the exception of the occasional randomly generated character... I've seen those things wearing all sorts of everything...
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Quote:
I'll give you that... but I still wouldn't say it's TNG era... iTNG era would be the outfits worn on TNG... which is actually comprised of 2 basic uniforms... since it switched slightly early on... but still, even if that's the arguement, it's not true that anyone outside of created characters have TNG outfits in game... with the exception of the occasional randomly generated character... I've seen those things wearing all sorts of everything...
"Strictly" speaking, this is true, but really we're making mountains out of molehills here. We both know what the OP is asking - He wants the choice to give his ship's wandering crew members period-specific uniform, rather than all of them wearing the uniforms of the 2409-era.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-07-2011, 10:52 PM
yes... and I suppose one of us should have said -

Dsthal said "it was comming at some point in the future.... but probably not till after S5."